Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm in panic mode at the moment. I just opened DayNotez on my Visor, and all my entries except for the most recent one (3/1, made in the desktop app) are gone. I also noticed that the top menu bar reads "DayNotez;" I seem to remember this showing my name previously. I sync daily, so I'm praying I simply mistakenly changed a setting in the desktop app, like an archive preference or something. I've also noticed that the size listed under Info on the Visor is 171k, giving me hope that my entries are still there. Unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment, so I can't check my machine at home where I sync.

    Help!!

    Helen
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by Helen5
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm in panic mode at the moment. I just opened DayNotez on my Visor, and all my entries except for the most recent one (3/1, made in the desktop app) are gone. I also noticed that the top menu bar reads "DayNotez;" I seem to remember this showing my name previously. I sync daily, so I'm praying I simply mistakenly changed a setting in the desktop app, like an archive preference or something. I've also noticed that the size listed under Info on the Visor is 171k, giving me hope that my entries are still there. Unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment, so I can't check my machine at home where I sync.

    Help!!

    Helen
    Looking at my visor, the top tab of Daynotez says "DayNotez", not my name. So you're fine there. I had this happen once before. The problem was that I had a category chosen that had no entries. It scared the hell out of me for a minute. Make sure to choose "All" in the category pulldown.

    If that doesn't work, send mail to support@natara.com. He's REALLY fast at responding to support requests.
  3.    #3  
    Cyrus,

    Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I tried changing the category to "All."

    But I appreciate the suggestion...

    Helen
  4. Rob
    Rob is offline
    Rob's Avatar
    Posts
    531 Posts
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    #4  
    Originally posted by Helen5
    Cyrus,

    Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I tried changing the category to "All."

    But I appreciate the suggestion...

    Helen
    Does daynotez support hidden records? If so, you should also make sure that you have set your security preferences to 'show'. Also, do you have the daynotez PC conduit? It's a good way to backup your daynotez records onto your desktop.
  5.    #5  
    Rob,

    All the records are set to show, and I'm definitely running the desktop conduit. I'm almost convinced now that it is a hotsync setting I must have inadvertantly changed. My son was home so he was able to verify that the entries are showing up in the desktop app.

    Helen
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by Helen5
    Rob,

    All the records are set to show, and I'm definitely running the desktop conduit. I'm almost convinced now that it is a hotsync setting I must have inadvertantly changed. My son was home so he was able to verify that the entries are showing up in the desktop app.

    Helen
    You should definately save a copy of the Daynotez files (on your desktop) before you hotsync, just in case.
  7. #7  
    Helen,

    What hotsync setting to you think you set? Could you have your son verify if the entries on the desktop are marked archive (best seen by viewing the custom tab).

    Most people who report something like this either have filtered on a category by accident and didn't realize it (which you are already aware of and have verified), or sometimes they have their list view just scrolled up so that only one note is showing.

    Does the calendar view only give indication of the single entry? Does the day view show the Next and Previous day icons?

    By any chance do you run a utility at home such as BackupBuddy? If so, you could have your son email us the DayNotezDB.PDB file in your backup directory and we could tell you for sure if you truely only have a single entry.
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
  8. #8  
    It could also be that due to a hotsync problem, DayNotez was not able to properly sort the entries. If this is the case, you could try to simply add a new entry, which will force a resort to occur. Debugging this in an "emergency" situation is probably best handled by emailing our support department. That way our response/question process is more direct and doesn't rely on you checking these boards frequently. support@natara.com
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
  9.    #9  
    I did have a recent unrelated hotsync problem, but I'm not sure that was the entire source of current problem. I fear it may have been a combination of things.

    Taking your suggestion, I made a test entry which seemed to have no effect - that wasn't showing up either. Knowing I set my entries to private by default, I checked to see if private records were being hidden or shown. I discovered that in my system preferences, the Visor was set to hide private records - how I don't know. I changed that setting, and went back into DayNotez. It looked fine as all the missing entries were there, along with the test entry, but I noticed that the one entry I had been able to see previously was gone. I then switched apps, then went back into DayNotez and everything was there.

    However - I'd like to add that I don't hide my private entries because I have been using the Commander Launcher by Palmation to hide the entire application (this is set in the Commander app itself, if I remember correctly). I recently shut Commander down because the trial expired and I haven't had the chance to license it yet. Have there been reported conflicts with Commander?

    Thanks for all the help. DayNotez is my favorite application, and I would have kicked myself if I made it irretrievably blow up.

    Helen
  10. #10  
    Glad you resolved the problem. I am not aware of any issues with Commander, but then again, I'm not that familiar with Commander either. Perhaps someone else has some insight. If it had turned on the "Hide Private" setting, then DayNotez was behaving as designed.
    Last edited by bnystrom; 03/06/2001 at 02:09 PM.
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.

Posting Permissions