Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Too bad the threaded SMS doesn't work too well. It's so much smoother when it's built-in by Palm. No kludging the gateways and hardbuttons.
    c'mon, it's been 6 hours since it came out!

so we have to figure some stuff out, no biggy and Vijay already created a nice toggle program to switch between the mail box and SMS box with 1 hard key.

Either way, it'll keep us held over till Palm gives it over "offiically" and it'll be one less reason to use POS. Just a matter of time.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    c'mon, it's been 6 hours since it came out!

so we have to figure some stuff out, no biggy and Vijay already created a nice toggle program to switch between the mail box and SMS box with 1 hard key.

Either way, it'll keep us held over till Palm gives it over "offiically" and it'll be one less reason to use POS. Just a matter of time.
    Wishful thinking. How long have the 700p owners been saying that Palm would release a firmware update any day?
    It's been over a week since I asked for a Treocentral mod to just respectfully ask Palm about an update and no one has yet to respond. We KNOW you've read this thread so what's the deal? Do I have to click 10 times on Report this Thread to get a reply? Don't be childish.

Silence leads to speculation and I can only speculate due to your lack of response is that you asked Palm and this is what happened...

Re-enactment of Palm response to Treocentral concerning availability of a 700p firmware upgrade:

"No update is coming fool!! So shut up your jibber jabber lest we have to smack you around beeyotch! Just play with these 700wx and 680 prototypes for a few minutes and write some good stuff about Windows Mobile, pretty colored cellphones, main stream acceptance and such like a good little lap dog. Don't make us tell you again sucka!!!"

Silence can be taken as an admission of guilt.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari View Post
    In a way this is a win win for Palm. They get their user base (people who had previously sworn off WM5) to switch to WM5, and for those going from the 700p to the 700wx (as it sounds like many are doing) they have the added benefit of mulitple sales of essentially the same device.
    I get it now!!

1. Release an unstable and buggy 700p.
    2. Release a 700wx with nearly identical hardware and the WM5 that your loyal customer base has reviled (which was why they were still your customers in the first place).
    3. Never fix the problems with the 700p, driving the loyal customer base to jump ship or settle for a "middle ground" - a Treo with WM5.

And voila, you have successfully retired the Palm OS and kept the Treo product line intact. Genius!
    Wishful thinking. How long have the 700p owners been saying that Palm would release a firmware update any day?
    Well, that's the difference. Palm actually cares about it's WM5 users Hence why our OS works.

Actually, more specifically, when I asked Andrew at Treonauts...

Malatesta - Palm confirmed this morning to me that the Treo 700w|wx will indeed soon have the upgraded 'threaded SMS' application - just no timing yet for this release...

Cheers, A.
    I'll take that over your (PalmOS) situation anyday.

Okay, I just reported my own post to the Treo central mods. I think we should try reaching out to them one more time to see if they can help us. If not, I have a plan that I will reveal within the next few days that will allow us to take this matter into our own hands.
    Hi -

So, it turns out that we don't have nearly as much power as you seem to think we do, Bob-C. Sure, I'll ask Palm about it when I can - but it would be much more effective if you, as a group of users, emailed and asked yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Okay, I just reported my own post to the Treo central mods. I think we should try reaching out to them one more time to see if they can help us. If not, I have a plan that I will reveal within the next few days that will allow us to take this matter into our own hands.
    Also, please don't use the "report post" for things like this. If you want to get my personal attention, send me a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Hi -

So, it turns out that we don't have nearly as much power as you seem to think we do, Bob-C. Sure, I'll ask Palm about it when I can - but it would be much more effective if you, as a group of users, emailed and asked yourselves.
    Who do we email? Give us the email addresses and we will do the rest.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, that's the difference. Palm actually cares about it's WM5 users Hence why our OS works.

Actually, more specifically, when I asked Andrew at Treonauts...

I'll take that over your (PalmOS) situation anyday.
    I don't have a 700p. Sounds like you'll be waiting a LONG time for your threaded SMS update. Kind of like your EVDO problem with every 6700 made after April. I've "heard" that there's an update coming for that one too.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Well...here we go.

After many, many, many emails and telephone calls, I am heading to the local Sprint store.

The word is that they are going to look at my unit and then offer me a replacement. I am pushing for a wx.

I'll keep you all updated. Sorry to leave POS after all these years, but I really need a Treo that will work.
    Out...
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Well, here's what Palm had to say when I emailed them about BT on my 700P:

Dear John:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Tessa. I will
    be assisting you on your issue between the Bluetooth(r) connection between
    your device and your headsets.

I understand that there seems to be some issue between your device and
    your headsets. Because of this, you wanted to know whether there is a patch
    for this. I understand your concern. I am sorry to inform you but currently
    there is no patch for this. However, you can always visit our web site at
    www.palm.com for any updates.

John, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need
    further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also
    find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting
    articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope
    you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support
    experience, as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our
    services.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,

Tessa

Palm Technical Support

This is very frustrating considering the crack down on driving and using your phone without a headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Hi -

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to let us know. In the past this site has mentioned an understanding it has with Palm about not breaking stories on products/inside info you receive advance info about until Palm gives you the green light. I now understand that relationship is less than I assumed. But if you have happen to come into contact with Palm in the near future, the loyal supporters of both Palm and Treocentral would be very grateful if you could just ask.
    Let me translate this for everyone:

[I]Dear John:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Tessa. I will
    be assisting you on your issue between the Bluetooth(r) connection between
    your device and your headsets.
    I am starting off like I really care about you as a customer to give you the impression that we really worked on solving your problem. This will be our first attempt to knock you off balance before we start throwing things at you to make you dizzy and confused.

I understand that there seems to be some issue between your device and
    your headsets. Because of this, you wanted to know whether there is a patch for this. I understand your concern. I am sorry to inform you but currently there is no patch for this. However, you can always visit our web site at
    www.palm.com for any updates.
    You are on your own with this problem because I know what you're talking about and there is no fix. I am going to indirectly imply that there is a fix coming soon by telling you to check our update site constantly so that you do not complain to us about it for awhile.

John, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need
    further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also
    find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting
    articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support
    I am not going to directly tell you that there is no way to fix your problem because that would be admission of a faulty product and that could be used against us in another class action suit. So I will imply that maybe you just didn't provide me with enough information for me to diagnose your problem and maybe it is something you are just doing wrong. I'll just point you to our troubleshooting article database so that you can chase your tail around long enough to just give up and decide that it is not worth the time anymore.

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope
    you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support
    experience, as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our
    services.
    After chasing your tail for a few hours in our troubleshooting database, you'll be so dizzy that you'll forget how many times I contradicted myself in this reply and maybe even give me a good review.... not that I care or anything since I work in an outsourcing company in India and am only doing this until I graduate high school.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,

Tessa

Palm Technical Support
    Eat boogies and drop dead. You'll keep buying Palm stuff because we both know that you're Palm's battered but loyal girlfriend. So don't bother us anymore.

BTW, last but not least - Colligan brags about his leading the crackdown on having to use a headset for talking on a cellphone while driving.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 10/20/2006 at 11:40 PM.
    Visit this thread for more info on contacting Palm to fix the 700p:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126643
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well it looks as though Palm is getting hit on all fronts now....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...125673&page=12

For those Treo users that were around when the 650 came out... was it really this bad then too (I keep hearing about the class action related to the memory issue etc...) at least I would think that back then POS was still held in higher regard than it apparently is now...

The sort of complaints I'm reading here are the sort of issues that will start to give the Treo a really bad rep amongst average users (I'll ignore geek users as they are a smaller potential user base) if they aren't fixed soon. A memory issue was more abstract but when the average Joes start talking about / experiencing randomn resets, bad bluetooth, and not being able to text with a $600 phone (granted not all on the same device, but they do both bear the Treo name); those are things that will "hit home" with a much larger group of potential buyers/users.

The Treo doesn't have the corporate acceptance of the Blackberry (a bond which makes it harder for the user base to switch away over trivial issues), and I think Palm is overestimating the loyalty of the typical consumer when they start to feel as though they've been duped (especially in light of the slew of new WM devices coming out).

Honestly, though I've been able to tolerate the issues with the 700p so far (with the expectation that they will be eventually resolved) I'm finding it increasing difficult to recommend it to anyone else.
    Last edited by ajabbari; 10/21/2006 at 02:20 AM.
    I don't have a 700p. Sounds like you'll be waiting a LONG time for your threaded SMS update. Kind of like your EVDO problem with every 6700 made after April. I've "heard" that there's an update coming for that one too.
    What does the 6700 have to do with any of this? How is it my problem? (my 6700 is Sept '05).

And how does it "...sounds like you'll be waiting a LONG time" has Palm told you differently?

Sounds like you're projecting here.

I am organizing an effort to persuade Palm to help us with this Firmware update issue in the following thread. Speak now or forever hold your peace...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=127063
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiro444 View Post
    I get it now!!

1. Release an unstable and buggy 700p.
    2. Release a 700wx with nearly identical hardware and the WM5 that your loyal customer base has reviled (which was why they were still your customers in the first place).
    3. Never fix the problems with the 700p, driving the loyal customer base to jump ship or settle for a "middle ground" - a Treo with WM5.

And voila, you have successfully retired the Palm OS and kept the Treo product line intact. Genius!
    1) "loyal customers"? the customers that count are the mobile providers.

2) who "reviles" wm5? Don't you get it? palm reviles their own original operating system.

3) how (in god's name!) are users getting a treo wiht WM5 "jumping ship" from palm's perspective? sounds like a win-win for them.

4) if you want presuer and progress on a 700p update any attempt at direct pressuer on palm, where you are not a customer is meaningless. You need to pressure sprint and verizon. Make there tech support peopel aware, maker their support costs high until they tell palm that the product is not working as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    Who do we email? Give us the email addresses and we will do the rest.
    I'd recommend you start with Palm's technical support forum, actually.

http://forums.palm.com/pe/index.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    But if you have happen to come into contact with Palm in the near future, the loyal supporters of both Palm and Treocentral would be very grateful if you could just ask.
    No Problem.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456