Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    also, i'd like to challenge any regular/heavy MMS verizon user to post saying they dont have that lockup

everyone I've met with a 700p who messages regularly has that lockup
    Last edited by macsteroni; 10/17/2006 at 10:14 AM. Reason: verizon exclusion, oversight
    I have played with my friends treo 650 not too long ago and I was shocked how fast treo could be... Maybe we should go back to 650 for now? I am up for the lawsuit count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj View Post
    Dude, it's a phone... let's get a grip here -
    It's a PDA with a phone it it.Big Difference!!

b.b.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have a 650 nd am very disappointed that it didn't get a firmware update that included Versamail 3.5. I can sync calender and email items with VM 3.1e but not contacts. Why should I pay for this feature when 700p owners are getting it free? Also, the 650 is pretty unstable unless you heavily modify the rom, so 700p owners, don't feel too bad, we are in the same boat as you all.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    But modifying the 650's ROM is so incredibly easy that it's a non-factor. A modified 650 is more stable than a 700p and much faster.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macsteroni View Post
    also, i'd like to challenge any regular/heavy MMS user to post saying they dont have that lockup

MMS? Are you referring to text messaging? If so, is 500+ messages a month a regular/heavy user?
    also, i'd like to challenge any regular/heavy MMS user to post saying they dont have that lockup

I send and receive over 3200 SMS's a month and I have had my 700p for over 6 weeks now and have not had a problem with lockup due to SMS. I have experienced the 3-10 second lag in between switching between apps (often accompanied by the infamous white screen) but I have learned to account for it. Truthfully, my 700p runs more stable than my 650 (due to the intergrated software that precludes the add-ons that may present bugs. OD, Ptunes (yes, mine still skips) and the flawless integration of GoogleMaps pretty much eliminates the necessity for many of the programs I had on my 650, which I think contributes to a more stable Smartphone.
    your line of reasoning is retarded! if car manufacturers released vehicles of quality comparable to the buginess of new phones, i can guarantee there would be lawsuits

car manufacturers dont stop making new cars when there are lemons, but they recall and correct or they get sued and fined
    Automakers recall products mainly to correct oversights or to improve upon what could be a fatal catalyst. Seat belt tensioners, electrical wiring, rubbing brake hoses, and incorrectly installed air bags can KILL! The lag between switching apps in your 700p will only kill a few of your brain cells as you grow impatient. That is a BIG difference, and should be noted.

Now, the other reason carmakers recall products is to maintain or improve their reputation. A faulty iDrive knob or a stuck CD player isnt going to kill someone, but it may kills sales through reputation. For this reason, Palm should (and probably is) be working to release updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I send and receive over 3200 SMS's a month and I have had my 700p for over 6 weeks now and have not had a problem with lockup due to SMS.
    We don't want this to become ANOTHER SMS lockup string, but suffice it to say you aren't a Verizon customer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    We don't want this to become ANOTHER SMS lockup string, but suffice it to say you aren't a Verizon customer...
    No Keefer, Sprint all the way! Although I envy Verizon's MMS. It would be nice to have files sent through the MMS and not have to retrieve it from a website (we can only send pics, to my knowledge). But thats what unlimited internet is for....email & Versamail (works fine for me)!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Automakers recall products mainly to correct oversights or to improve upon what could be a fatal catalyst. Seat belt tensioners, electrical wiring, rubbing brake hoses, and incorrectly installed air bags can KILL! The lag between switching apps in your 700p will only kill a few of your brain cells as you grow impatient. That is a BIG difference, and should be noted.

Now, the other reason carmakers recall products is to maintain or improve their reputation. A faulty iDrive knob or a stuck CD player isnt going to kill someone, but it may kills sales through reputation. For this reason, Palm should (and probably is) be working to release updates.
    youre 100% right, which is why it was a STUPID analogy and comparison to make
    I am more pissed off if they keep releasing the firmware of existing Treo without releasing any new phones.

Hello year 2005, anyone remember?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I am more pissed off if they keep releasing the firmware of existing Treo without releasing any new phones.

Hello year 2005, anyone remember?
    whatever...

Now on to real business...this is HORRENDOUS!!! I wish they would just fix. I have been with POS since the Pilot days. I hate to say this boys...but I'm thinkin' of going to WM5...

And in other news...ice water is now available in Hell.
    Out...
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofgoo View Post
    whatever...

I hate to say this boys...but I'm thinkin' of going to WM5...

And in other news...ice water is now available in Hell.
    I've heard this more and more lately. Truly there is something rotten happenning at Palm. They need to fix things soon. They are not going to live off of the treo's success forever, especially when it doesn't work well...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    now that we have true Palm threaded sms and I have a beta of a WM5 KB Lights (toggle), its getting easier to switch.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    POS? Palm Operating System?
  17.    #97  
    Palm Operating System and the "other" well known definition for the acronym "POS" are pretty much synonymous at this point.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    now that we have true Palm threaded sms and I have a beta of a WM5 KB Lights (toggle), its getting easier to switch.
    Who has threaded sms? WM5??
    Out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Too bad the threaded SMS doesn't work too well. It's so much smoother when it's built-in by Palm. No kludging the gateways and hardbuttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    I've heard this more and more lately. Truly there is something rotten happenning at Palm. They need to fix things soon. They are not going to live off of the treo's success forever, especially when it doesn't work well...
    I think you need to make a slight distinction there.... they won't live off of the POS Treo's success forever, however, I'm guessing the WM5 Treo will be quite successful. In a way this is a win win for Palm. They get their user base (people who had previously sworn off WM5) to switch to WM5, and for those going from the 700p to the 700wx (as it sounds like many are doing) they have the added benefit of mulitple sales of essentially the same device.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast