Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    here we go again................because Palm will be buried in TC user lawsuits
    If they havn't learned their lesson yet, then maybe they will once they don't exist anymore.. too bad it will be too late then, but the point will be made.

Companies should not release buggy products. If they do, they should release updates to make those products work as expected in a very timely manner. After all, alot of us paid top dollar for our 700's, and we're not getting top dollar value out of them. My 650, at the time of upgrade, ran loops around my current 700p. Hardly any lags, crashes, etc. I can't say that much for my 700p.

Palm need to get their crap together and fix what they've already released rather than releasing more products.

I know I'm all for the class action lawsuit. Someone needs to drive the point home, if the users don't, no one will.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    Some of these posts are ludicrous and entirely emblematic of the sue-happy mentality that corrodes the forward development of business in this country. So, what, your 700p doesn't work perfectly and is besotten with quirks and functional inconveniences (ooh, it takes too long to change applications)? Don't buy another Palm product. I absolutely HATE my 700p for the same list of reasons listed in earlier posts here, but I don't want to sue Palm- I'm voicing my opposition my having decided that this is absolutely the last Treo I will ever own.

Palm will release a firmware update for the 700 when they realize that they've lost the good faith and trust of its loyal customers, which is to say, never. There's an old expression, caveat emptor. Don't get hooked on bad technology, and don't buy known defective products and expect perfection. Now that I've got that off my chest, I have to soft reset my Treo because it's just locked up after receiving an SMS!
    Another side of the coin. They will continue to release faulty phones unless someone calls them on it in a manner that they will notice. Constant crashing through normal use shouldn't happen. I have never had a phone crash because of an SMS. The 650 had questionable BT, that should have been addressed in the upgrade. Lawsuits get corporations' attention. It's often the only way to get them to act.

I'm not a big fan of too many lawsuits either. But if there's a large amount of 700p problems along with the 700w problems, Palm may need a wake up call.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If someone takes the initiative to start a lawsuit I'll sign and jump on the bandwagon.. i'm not terribly happy about paying full retail a month before they cost $300 from verizon
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Yes I Am P@@#$#%$#d Off!!!
    I think it kind of comes down to what do we all think we've purchased?

Think about Firefox. I have it crash 5 or 6 times a day, but they are ALWAYS fixing the thing and come out with updates all of the time, not to mention I haven't paid a penny for it, so sure I get pissed, but I don't complain like I do about my palm.

It's also the same for quite a few programs for the Treo. They are always updating Butler for the Treo, and what a good program. 4cast is always improving, as well as many other programs. AND if I download a beta I expect bugs.

Now what I DON'T expect is to buy a BETA PHONE for $400. So when we bought our phones were we REALLY beta testers but not told?

How would you feel if you purchased a $700 laptop (it can be done) or a $2,000 one, and the the OS crashed all the time, you had to re-start the computer, you had a 30 second freeze going from one app to another, etc etc. You'd be furious if your laptop performed like the 700p. Or hell, how about a car. Sorry for the 30 second lag in the breaks, but the computer is kind of buggy. YIKES!

So for the people talking about suing, even though that's a final thought, but I guess if we have a Beta phone, and weren't told it was a beta phone, Palm could be in trouble. Hidden away in a vault like the Coca Cola recipe is 25 bugs that they tossed aside to just get a release out.

Anyway, just some thoughts and rants, but again, if my laptop was like my phone i'd scream, and we pay GOOD money for the treo, so the OS should be stable as can be, and if not should be updated as soon as possible.

Now if someone out there who is smart can figure out if our phone is some kind of test phone, and we bought it and weren't told or knows any laws, I say have at it.

First though it would be nice to get a petition on here for everyone to sign or type their name and then have Treo Central say... Just our site has 5,000 unhappy people and want to know why their 700ps software, etc aren't being fixed.

And it would be good to compare this with other things in life. Software, cars, other electronics, etc etc. Does your mp3 player take 30 sec or even 5 to go from song to song? Mine doesn't.

And the sad thing is that these are BASIC functions. It should run smoothly just like the mp3 player.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    I think it kind of comes down to what do we all think we've purchased?

Think about Firefox. I have it crash 5 or 6 times a day, but they are ALWAYS fixing the thing and come out with updates all of the time, not to mention I haven't paid a penny for it, so sure I get pissed, but I don't complain like I do about my palm.

It's also the same for quite a few programs for the Treo. They are always updating Butler for the Treo, and what a good program. 4cast is always improving, as well as many other programs. AND if I download a beta I expect bugs.

Now what I DON'T expect is to buy a BETA PHONE for $400. So when we bought our phones were we REALLY beta testers but not told?

How would you feel if you purchased a $700 laptop (it can be done) or a $2,000 one, and the the OS crashed all the time, you had to re-start the computer, you had a 30 second freeze going from one app to another, etc etc. You'd be furious if your laptop performed like the 700p. Or hell, how about a car. Sorry for the 30 second lag in the breaks, but the computer is kind of buggy. YIKES!

So for the people talking about suing, even though that's a final thought, but I guess if we have a Beta phone, and weren't told it was a beta phone, Palm could be in trouble. Hidden away in a vault like the Coca Cola recipe is 25 bugs that they tossed aside to just get a release out.

Anyway, just some thoughts and rants, but again, if my laptop was like my phone i'd scream, and we pay GOOD money for the treo, so the OS should be stable as can be, and if not should be updated as soon as possible.

Now if someone out there who is smart can figure out if our phone is some kind of test phone, and we bought it and weren't told or knows any laws, I say have at it.

First though it would be nice to get a petition on here for everyone to sign or type their name and then have Treo Central say... Just our site has 5,000 unhappy people and want to know why their 700ps software, etc aren't being fixed.

And it would be good to compare this with other things in life. Software, cars, other electronics, etc etc. Does your mp3 player take 30 sec or even 5 to go from song to song? Mine doesn't.

And the sad thing is that these are BASIC functions. It should run smoothly just like the mp3 player.
    It's not the phone. It's the 3rd Party software. My phone is rock solid. I have no resets and no delays. And I have a TON of 3rd party software. In fact, I'd bet there are few people with more.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I'm sorry thats bull****, there is a phone delay and the MMS lockup is in 100% of the people I know's (not a word but I dont care) phones. I called verizon the other day and he had me update the phone via *22899 and of course it did nothing

I got him to admit that he has heard of and is aware of this issue but says my and others experience is anecdotal because of 3rd party apps. Guess what? My phone had no 3rd party apps and I was experiencing the same problems
    everytime I call to complain I get some cop out bull**** answer or they transfer me around between techs, most of which are mentally retarded
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    It's not the phone. It's the 3rd Party software. My phone is rock solid. I have no resets and no delays. And I have a TON of 3rd party software. In fact, I'd bet there are few people with more.
    Although, you are right in your referencing of the 3rd party app's causing some problems, be not deceived, it's definitely the phone. There's about a zillion threads (even from developers) about the hardware/firmware issues.

Quickstang...one of the best posts I've read!
    I hate the lag on the 700p as much as anyone. BUT, I have to say the 700p has been more stable that the 650 in terms of crashes or spontaneous reset. For all we know, the lag is a result of some change to increase stability. Personally, I suspect it was some compromise to support EVDO (which the 650 and 680 don't have).

I agree strongly that I want a firmware fix, but without internal data from Palm we don't know if the lag is a bug or deliberate choice they had to make. Note that they won't even be releasing a 3G UMTS (GSM) phone on Palm OS, only the older GSM.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    Although, you are right in your referencing of the 3rd party app's causing some problems, be not deceived, it's definitely the phone. There's about a zillion threads (even from developers) about the hardware/firmware issues.

Quickstang...one of the best posts I've read!
    Yeah, I just thought a 30 second lag from the breaks to the brains of my car might be a slight problem
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    The problem with that logic is that this IS a SMARTPHONE, a PDA. It is supposed to be able to run third party or other software and still function as a phone.

That said, my 700p has been pretty stable. It is warranty replacement for one that reset when the wind blew, but I figure that was a bad flash or a phone.

My last reset on this one was yesterday morning during a "hotsync," which isn't third party software.

b.b.
    I'm as eager to get this patch as anyone else here but it should also be noted that historically, it seems that regardless of the severety of the bug (the 650 memory issues) Palm takes about 6 months to release their first firmware update. There are most likely certain internal processes in place that govern this time period, and given that the 700p came out late May early June that means the firmware update won't really be "overdue" until late Nov early Dec.

Basically, if they haven't released something at least attempting to address these issues before the end of the year..... then I'll really start to wonder if there is something to all of these "Palm has abandoned us" claims.
    I'm a little upset about a few things that I think a $700 device should do, but overall I'm still happy with my 700p. I do think with the release of all the new Treos that it will help push the Treo more mainstream and that we will see more applications, and other vendors making things available for us. Just like the google maps, that's a great application. We will see a firmware update, its just a matter of when. Palm is trying to go main stream and going after a new crowd of Treo owners. We'll all gain from this new push., hopefully sooner rather then later.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I've decided that the 700p will be my last treo. I can't take the crappy products anymore.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    I've also noticed that my 700p is much more stable than my 650 ever was. It definitely needs a fix though, the blazer lag is frustrating.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I have not have much of any problems with my 700p. It's fast....maybe crashed once or twice since I've had it ( 2 months). Net connection is great....pictures...videos...and other multimedia apps work well. My only problem is Verichat and that is not a Palm issue.

If anyone has asked you about your treo and how it works...just tell them how bad it's been for you. There's nothing worse for a company than word of mouth. And it's free....no lawyer needed!!!

IGO
    but what if they are "poisoning the well" for ALP. get ppl to lose faith in palm os.
    I think that these bugs would be easier to accept or overlook if our devices had more features...Wifi, Bluetooth 2.0 with ADP2, Stereo Speakers, etc. You think any other device like ours is completely bug-free? If you abandon ship, you will complain about WM5's poor resolution, lack of touch screen (in some cases), lack of one-handed use, or many of the other shortcomings. And thats not including the bugs those devices may have. I am not defending Palm wholly, and I am not downing other devices, but the reality is that bugs are inevitable and so are caveats!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast