Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I thought the "lowrider" was the antenna-less phone to conquer the fashion conscious Europeans?

If so, when can we buy them? Mid 2007, or when Palm have found a carrier over here willing to stump up the advertising cash (whichever is the first)???
    I'm pretty sure that was the 750v with the exception of no wifi, which is availalble today
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yes, the Hollywood is the one that was built for Europe, now the 750.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hollywood=750, Lowrider=680.
    so the the 680 will be available they say within the month. from cingular or from palm?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    I thought the "lowrider" was the antenna-less phone to conquer the fashion conscious Europeans?

If so, when can we buy them? Mid 2007, or when Palm have found a carrier over here willing to stump up the advertising cash (whichever is the first)???
    I think vodaphone wants to milk the 750v for as long as possible - so you'd have to wait on the 680. Or get an unlocked one from Palm in the US and put your GSM simcard in it (that's what I would do.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    so the the 680 will be available they say within the month. from cingular or from palm?
    We've been hearing Cingular soon - first week of November.

I HOPE that we can get an unlocked one at the same time, because that's what I prefer.
    Cingular never knew that I had a 650 - cheaper (unlimited, set rate), though slower through an older version of their Medianet.
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redgeek View Post
    I think vodaphone wants to milk the 750v for as long as possible - so you'd have to wait on the 680. Or get an unlocked one from Palm in the US and put your GSM simcard in it (that's what I would do.)
    That's probably what I will do (depending on price & availability!) But there's sweet FA news on Palm's UK web site...so much for their interest in Europe!
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Win over Europe? Palm have virtually no market presence and the answer is a non-3g, no wi-fi dad phone?

em... no.