Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I'm confused. The review here says:

The Treo 680 is based off PalmOS's garnet - a slightly updated version from the 700p, now 5.49. So: the Palm WiFi card will not be supported; neither will Bluetooth voice dialing; or Bluetooth stereo; or SD cards above 2 gigs; and so on.

But I thought the 700P did support 4GB SD cards! Can someone enlighten me??
    700p does support 4gb+ due to FAT32 support. The 680, according to Palm's website, only supports up to 2GB. This would imply they left out the FAT32 support. This can be enabled by a ROM hack on the 650 and likely on the 680.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    700p does support 4gb+ due to FAT32 support.
    That's what I thought.

The 680, according to Palm's website, only supports up to 2GB. This would imply they left out the FAT32 support. This can be enabled by a ROM hack on the 650 and likely on the 680.
    Or it could mean that Palm haven't tested 4GB SD cards? Anyway, I don't see the logic of the review comment; that >2GB support is precluded because the POS version is based on the 700P POS version!

Otherwise Palm deliberately left the feature out? Surely they're not that thick!
    here we go again. once more we need to hack the OS to do anything useful. im a bit fed up having to do that.

And is it really the case that BT Stereo doesnt work?

Will I be able to use my blutooth GPS and answer a call with my BT headset?
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    here we go again. once more we need to hack the OS to do anything useful.
    My guess is an error in the review, and Palm being conservative over what they are willing to support. If I'm wrong, then
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Remember, 4gb SD cards are not OFFICIALLY supported by the SD Consortium. Right now the SD 1.1 spec permits sizes up to 2gb. SDHC is here as the "official" 2.0 SD spec for sizes 4gb and up, as well as faster cards.

That's why you don't see 4gb SD cards from Panasonic, Toshiba, Sandisk, Lexar etc and just from no-name and smaller Chinese firms.

Palm's definitely taking a pass on SDHC support for FrankenGarnet but I'd imagine that FAT32 is present as it's been on the LifeDrive, TX, and 700P for the past year and a half.
    The Treo 680 does include the FAT32 driver in its ROM.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcombee View Post
    The Treo 680 does include the FAT32 driver in its ROM.
    Ah. Thank you.

ITYS