Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    yep, on T-Mobile, who offers some of us superior connectivity to the likes of Sprint in the Los Angeles county. 2007 will be even better as they launch their next tower/spectrum roll-out.....yes, this T-Mobile or better known as Deutsche Telekom for those who didn't know:

September 30, 2006 / Deutsche Telekom's mobile subsidiary T-Mobile USA is ideally positioned to continue expanding its business in the U.S. through its acquisition of 120 licenses in various regional classes around the country for $4.2 billion (3.3 billion euros).

"The acquisition of additional spectrum is an important step forward for us. Not just for T-Mobile USA but for the Deutsche Telekom Group, which benefits from the growth of its U.S. business. We are aiming to maximize revenue market share and make T-Mobile USA the largest single company within the Group," said CEO Kai-Uwe Ricke at a post auction press conference in New York City.

The roll-out of the 3G network - scheduled to start this year with most of the work completed in 2007-8 - is budgeted around 2.1 billion euros through 2009. This is at the lower end of analysts- expectations voiced before the auction. As a whole, Deutsche Telekom's announced revenue and profit guidance remain unchanged for 2006 and 2007.

September 30, 2006 / Deutsche Telekom's mobile subsidiary T-Mobile USA is ideally positioned to continue expanding its business in the U.S. through its acquisition of 120 licenses in various regional classes around the country for $4.2 billion (3.3 billion euros).

"The acquisition of additional spectrum is an important step forward for us. Not just for T-Mobile USA but for the Deutsche Telekom Group, which benefits from the growth of its U.S. business. We are aiming to maximize revenue market share and make T-Mobile USA the largest single company within the Group," said CEO Kai-Uwe Ricke at a post auction press conference in New York City.

The roll-out of the 3G network - scheduled to start this year with most of the work completed in 2007-8 - is budgeted around 2.1 billion euros through 2009. This is at the lower end of analysts- expectations voiced before the auction. As a whole, Deutsche Telekom's announced revenue and profit guidance remain unchanged for 2006 and 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    from palm info center, oct 2006

Nokia accounted for 42 percent of the combined PDA and smartphone market in the first half of 2006 and commanded half of the global smartphone market.
    On a global level, sure, but in the US, Nokia is pretty much irrelevant as far as PDA phones/smartphones go, in large part because of the strength of RIM, Palm, and (via carrier-branded units) HTC in the US market and because of Nokia shying away from CDMA, which leaves them able to address less than half of the US market.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    yep, on T-Mobile
    ...the same T-Mobile who will no longer sell Palm products and who as of late has actually been slapping Treo users in the face (with the increase in data plan pricing, now the MyFaves plans with their "required phone" nonsense, etc.) enough that it seems like they want Treo users to churn away.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Yup, that's them. That's why after at least 10 years with them I'm leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by roamer1 View Post
    ...the same T-Mobile who will no longer sell Palm products and who as of late has actually been slapping Treo users in the face (with the increase in data plan pricing, now the MyFaves plans with their "required phone" nonsense, etc.) enough that it seems like they want Treo users to churn away.

-SC
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5. tcs
    Does Treo 680 support A2DP?
    If the 680 and 750 sell well in the US, maybe T-Mobile will reconsider.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    On a global level, sure, but in the US, Nokia is pretty much irrelevant as far as PDA phones/smartphones go, in large part because of the strength of RIM, Palm, and (via carrier-branded units) HTC in the US market and because of Nokia shying away from CDMA, which leaves them able to address less than half of the US market.

-SC
    at the end of the day it's a global business.

-SC
    data is less expensive than Verizon (what EVERYONE on this board seems to cry about)

maybe they weren't selling a lot of the Treo in their line-up, maybe they think they can sell more of some other phone...maybe they'll be getting the 680?

the My-Faves is a tremendous calling plan

Last edited by oalvarez; 10/14/2006 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yup, that's them. That's why after at least 10 years with them I'm leaving.
    ok, don't let the door hit ya on the way out
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    What are you all paying? On Tmo, I have unlimited data for $20/month, which is fine by me.
    I pay $5/month for data on T-Mo, which is fine by me. It is good for unlimited emails and web but it does not do streaming media and Google Maps for Treo. Directory Assistant, K-Map, Verichat, Opera, etc. work too.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
    As a 650 owner, I would buy it for one reason and one reason only: if it crashed just once a day or every-other-day (as opposed to the average twice daily crashes I've endured with two different 650's in all possible configurations over the ~1.5 years of ownership).
    That sort of history is why I think it's crazy (if true) that there is no reset button on the 680 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
    As a 650 owner, I would buy it for one reason and one reason only: if it crashed just once a day or every-other-day (as opposed to the average twice daily crashes I've endured with two different 650's in all possible configurations over the ~1.5 years of ownership).
    I hope it's a lot less than that. I'll be upgrading from a Treo 600 to the 680, my 600 resets about once every 6 MONTHS.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Priotreo, what data plan do you have, and what's the limit? Also, for the crash prone among us, I'd like to recommend a lovely little freeware app called Stability Test from http://www.fly-zip.com/flyzip/downloads/StabilityTest/
    It works really well- it basically takes all of your software and puts it through a stress test. I usually have tons of different apps on the phone itself and my sd card (treo 600 that's dying due to way too many drops- hanging on til the unlocked 680 is available), and when I'm constantly adding/removing programs, it helps a lot.
    You know, if it turns out that carriers are really giving the 680 away for free or close to it, and the 750 is $500 with no discount available, I might have to think very seriously about going with the 680, at least temporarily until 750 prices drop, or an unlocked version appears.
    My 600 almost never resets - unless I reset it. But I'll be upgrading to a 680 due to the better screen, edge speeds, additional memory, newer software, plus other goodies. Bring it on!
    All I want is a phone that can run Goodlink, Snappermail, and Epocrates at the same time. I now need 3 phones to do that since all 3 apps need to be in main memory and I don't have enough of it.

Ron
    it is supposedly 1oz less heavy. it is actually any smaller dimension-wise?
    sorry I was referring to the omission of the antenae
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    epocrates can now be run frin a media card (thats what my 600 does now)
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast