Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will still be EDGE (not UTMS/3G) and VGA camera (not 1.3mp) among others I think
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    This is where those of us who use the 700p find out that Palm is introducing a BETTER all around product at a significantly LOWER price point than what we got back in June...
    anyone got the live feed yet?
    What do they mean smaller? I thought this was the same form factor as the 700/750?
    Palm's Mr. Hartnett says the company is trying to prevent margin erosion by making its operations more cost-efficient. Palm is now partnering with two Chinese manufacturers to make Treos, for example, up from just one manufacturer before, giving it room to negotiate manufacturing pricing, he says.
    I am a little leary of this statement. It seems as though HTC (which makes/manufactures most of the hardware out there for smartphone/PDA's including the T650) is not the only manufacturer for these devices. I wonder how this affects build quality for these devices.
    from engadget:

1:30PM: [Demo is over, back to the overview stuff] We're going after the "mobile accomplisher" market. Nine times the size of the mobile professional market. Here's that 680 customer, hasn't purchased a Treo or any kind of smartphone before. There are other things that smartphones give you access to beyond email and calendar...
    so, this isnt for ppl who already have a treo?

btw, it comes in a lot o colors.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    So it's now 1:45... any updates?
    Engadget its got some info
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    So it's now 1:45... any updates?
    A news search on Palm reveals that PalmSource is changing its name to Access. One more nail in the coffin of POS? Perhaps Palm should change its name to Microsoft Shill.

A search on Cingular reveals that it is suing telemarketers for calling their customers. Is this what you would call "updates?"
    Its here as well
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I hate these forums!
    We hear about upcoming releases so far in advance that we get excited, and then frustrated at the seeming delay.
    Yea, they have kept GSM guys waiting too long. But, if it wasn't for these forums, I prolly wouldn't have known any better, and just bought whatever became available, whenever it became available.
    However; as it is, I get to waste my time, hanging around these forums, anxiously waiting.
    Just call me Berd.
    If you think Palm announces too much in advance, what about Nokia? It takes 9 months to see their new things show up.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    So actually we are getting a Treo650 upgrade (in Treo680) for less than the price of CURRENT price of Treo650 (it is still listed at many sites for 599.00). Wow... what an upgrade. I wonder how people feeling after buying black tie version
    Last edited by Ehsan; 10/12/2006 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Its got bluetooth
    Its got Infrared as well
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Wow, that orange and red are UGLY
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    So actually we are getting a Treo650 upgrade (in Treo680) for less than the price of CURRENT price of Treo650 (it is still listed at many sites for 599.00). Wow... what an upgrade. I wonder how people feeling after buying black tie version
    You think I am disappointed? I am not disappointed. I have been managing my expectations down since Perry deserted me. I think Silly Season finally ended forever. Perry, where are you?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Did anyone notice the talk time has dropped to 4 hours from 6 hours for the 650? Standby remains at 300 hours. Couldn't find the size of the battery in the specs. Everything else looks like a modest upgrade from the 650:

64M vs 32M
    Edge vs GPRS
    BT 1.2 vs 1.1
    5.5oz vs 6.3.

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo View Post
    Did anyone notice the talk time has dropped to 4 hours from 6 hours for the 650? Standby remains at 300 hours. Couldn't find the size of the battery in the specs. Everything else looks like a modest upgrade from the 650:

64M vs 32M
    Edge vs GPRS
    BT 1.2 vs 1.1
    5.5oz vs 6.3.

Mac
    The Treo 650 has EDGE. The bluetooth 1.2 only means that it'll play nice with Wifi if you are near a wifi device, very small weight difference also. idk... Glad I have a MDA now. This WM handheld is slick... But I do miss the Treo Keyboard.

Oh well... good luck palm! I hope that this not your Jumping the shark (i mean orange? seriously?)
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I hate these forums!
    We hear about upcoming releases so far in advance that we get excited, and then frustrated at the seeming delay.
    Yea, they have kept GSM guys waiting too long. But, if it wasn't for these forums, I prolly wouldn't have known any better, and just bought whatever became available, whenever it became available.
    However; as it is, I get to waste my time, hanging around these forums, anxiously waiting.
    "Anxious?" Anxious? Who's anxious? I am not anxious. I have been dealing with Palm and its practices for far too long.

You think this is over. Not! Everyone is just going to hang around, waiting for Palm to "go into detail. You know, detail? All those little unimportant things like price, terms, carriers, and visibilty.

I hope they bring the prosepective carriers here so they can learn how anxious we really are. I laughed out loud when Colligan told CNBC that he expected to outsell his competition because he has so many loyal users.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast