Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Help! I just got my new Neuros MPEG-4 video recorder 2 plus in the mail today but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to get videos to play on my Treo 700p! It's a pretty neat gadget that works great, but nowhere have I found how to play back videos on my palm. That article on Treocentral said that it was tested on a 700p but doesn't give any tips on how to playback (or even find the file) from the SD card. It was pretty tricky trying to find the mpeg on the card using my PC, but I eventually found it. But I don't know how to get to it thru the Treo. Anyone have ideas or know where I can find this info?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Did you install TCPMP? it's a free media player that's needed to play movies on your Treo. It was also mentioned in the review, I'd include a link, but I'm on my Treo now! Enjoy your new 'toy'!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice. I did install the tcpmp program (whoa, that was a very difficult task with very poor, confusing directions that took me a quite a while) and I was finally able to get it to work. But, they sure could use some better instructions!
    Quote Originally Posted by theyams View Post
    Help! I just got my new Neuros MPEG-4 video recorder 2 plus in the mail today but I can't for the life of me, figure out how to get videos to play on my Treo 700p! It's a pretty neat gadget that works great, but nowhere have I found how to play back videos on my palm. That article on Treocentral said that it was tested on a 700p but doesn't give any tips on how to playback (or even find the file) from the SD card. It was pretty tricky trying to find the mpeg on the card using my PC, but I eventually found it. But I don't know how to get to it thru the Treo. Anyone have ideas or know where I can find this info?
    Sorry for the belated answer. Let me know which instructions you followed to install TCPMP, and I will make sure we give better directions in the future.
    Also know that the Treo 700p has a media player installed (Kinoma), that can playback files created by the Neuros Recorder directly. You will have to open your camera application to play the files. TCPMP remains a must-have IMHO, but for those who don't want to install it, Kinoma will do the job.

Johan
    Neuros