1.    #1  
    Is there any program out there that will do this without me opening the browser and paying a lot for data download? I have a treo 600 and I'm on the fido network in Canada.
    Last edited by punk; 10/11/2006 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typos
    My 600, 650, 700p and 700w are sync'd to the network automagically and when they are side by side, there is no difference between them. Ben
    2PlayMe for exampel can do it to a predefined time. You even could select it the preferable connection to use before.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    NVBackup can sync the time (see Advanced Preferences), and so can netClock... (both freeware)
    Bluefish developed an application called TimeSync that we never released. It synchronizes your Treo time when you hot sync. We didn't pursue it because around the time we finished it most networks were adjusting the time automatically. I have found when I travel overseas that the automatic network adjustments stop working. Unfortunately my Treo is horrible at keeping time so I use it in these situations.

I have posted the full version of TimeSync to www.bluefishwireless.com/products/TimeSync.prc

This will work on all PalmOS handhelds and Treo's. You will need a Windows PC (sorry MAC owners) with the Addit conduits (installed with the Palm desktop on all Palm devices sold in the last year or so except the Treo 650). If you need to install the conduits download MyTreo from Palm. www.palm.com/addit

James Fisher
    Bluefish Wireless
    Go to Palm OS "Prefs" and select "Date & Time"
    Check "Get date & time from mobile network." All service providers sync with atomic time periodically.
    netclock is a simple and effective solution that uses publically available NTP (network time protocol) servers to set and adjust the time on your treo (palm). It is free and carrier independant.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/netclock.shtml
    When I use PalmaryClock to check/set atomic time, it ALWAYS says no change is needed. That tells me that the carrier's setting per post #6 above is doing the job!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    2PlayMe for exampel can do it to a predefined time. You even could select it the preferable connection to use before.
    I installed 2playme and I don't see how to use it to synchronize with the correct time. I keep it because I like other features.
    I do not use the network option. I manually check my Treo once a month to the:

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

and I have never had it be off by more than a second or two.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I do not use the network option. I manually check my Treo once a month to the:

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

and I have never had it be off by more than a second or two.

Cheers, Perry.
    Individual devices (and models?) may differ in their accuracy. When I did daily tests over the course of a week on both my 600 and 650, using the PalmaryClock atomic clock update, it was almost always out by 1-3 sec. I hadn't noticed the network option on the 650 (and cant see any on the 600) --I will give that a go too.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.