1.    #1  
    I'm seriously thinking about returning my 700p and going back to Nextel.

I never used the 700p for what it was designed for except to attempt to use it for geocaching and road navigation. Sort of an all in one device including phone. It never met my expectations on that level primarily because of the lousy bluetooth. And as a phone, I've had better.

Besides paying the penalty for closing my sprint account I know I am going to take a hit, but what can I expect to get for it, should I try to sell it? Don't have an ebay account.
    What were you expecting when you bought your Sprint 700p? What device were you using on Nextel? What do you expect to gain over the 700p when you move back to Nextel? Besides bluetooth, what else is being the deal breaker with the 700p? Just questions to try and clarify your position....
    OH and to answer the question I think $375-$475 would be reasonable...
    May not need to pay a lot of $$$ when you close out your sprint account. Do a google search for:

SMS ETF SPRINT
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remltr View Post
    Besides paying the penalty for closing my sprint account I know I am going to take a hit
    Sprint recently changed the price of text messages from $.10 to $.15. If you didn't have the unlimited text option before, this represents a material change to your agreement, and you can get out of your contract without paying any fees for a limited time.
    I'll buy your phone if you tell me how you got it to do geocaching and road navigation without additional equipment. I had to shell out $200 for a Garmin Bluetooth GPS receiver and software that uses the Treo for screen, processing and user inputs (this setup works well, by the way, even the bluetooth interface.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Sprint recently changed the price of text messages from $.10 to $.15. If you didn't have the unlimited text option before, this represents a material change to your agreement, and you can get out of your contract without paying any fees for a limited time.
    Until October 31...you get a get out of jail free card with Sprint if you want to jump ship. If you make any payment on your phone bill pass that date then then you are assumed to be ok with the text hike.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Yep. Going to wait to see what comes out of Cingular on the 12th!
  9.    #9  
    Sorry, left out a little info. I have a globalsat bt receiver and third party navigation and geocaching software.

Really didn't want the post to become a discussion about that, just the price. I should have just asked the question about how much and left it that. Sorry to confuse and lead astray of my intended purpose for the post.

Thanks for the replies and I will look into the text message change of the contract, although I don't have a data plan with Sprint.