1.    #1  
    I want to buy a SD card that I will transfer regional maps (TomTom v6) to and only use the OEM card when I really need the whole USA. I want a good highspeed card. I am assuming that the T650 can actually take advantage of the high speed cards...but is that a good assumption? No need to buy a super high speed card if the T650 itself would be a bottleneck. LOL Also, is it true that the T650 has a limitation of 2Gig? I am NOT a user who is willing to really mess with my Treo as far as hacks to fix limitations is concerened, my T650 has no problems now, dont want any. lol The only non-standard aps I have on it are PdaNet and TomTom6.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Yes, there is a 2Gb limit without hacking the ROM. High speed is primarily used when writing to the card. So if you are not writing to a card often, like when a camera takes a picture, and only reading data, then you won't find much difference.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    High speed is primarily used when writing to the card. So if you are not writing to a card often, like when a camera takes a picture, and only reading data, then you won't find much difference.
    Would it make any difference when reading large amounts of data, like the map files for TomTom?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    I don't use TomTom, but years ago I used to use Mapopolis on a standard Lexar cards and maps always loaded quickly. I'm sure there is alot of info here about card speeds in other threads, but based on 3 cards I use, here are the results from VFSMark (higher numbers are better) - all cards are 1GB:

Lexar (standard)
    Read - 773%
    Write - 39%
    Score - 529

SanDisk Ultra II USB Plus (specs per Sandisk Write/Read performance: 9MB/sec Write, 10MB/sec Read)
    Read - 644%
    Write - 46%
    Score - 325

Centon 60x
    Read - 786%
    Write - 45%
    Score - 597

I don't notice any difference in using any of the cards.