1.    #1  
    Looking for a fast 2Gb card for T650 for Mp3, movies, games. Price range $40-$70. Before any search-button nazis chime in - Yes, I have searched the threads, some info was helpful, some just too old, but I still cant decide till I hear some first hand reviews. Newegg reviews are too conflicting and arent Treo specific. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from this.

Here are the options (newegg.com):

1. SanDisk Ultra II - $69

2. OCZ 133x/150x - $48

3. Patriot Extreme Performance 133x - $46

4. Corsair 133x - $46

5. Ridata 150x - $42
    I have the Corsair 133x from Newegg for my 700P. I absolutely love it. The test results from card speed are faster than most of the results I've seen posted on this site. Great bang for the buck.
  3.    #3  
    Thats the one I'm leaning towards. Besides read/write speeds are there any other advantages of the SanDisk Ultra II over the others?
    The OCZ 150x is actually $36 after shipping and rebate.
    i have the RiDATA 2gb card and i am pleased with it...good card IMO
    I bought a brand new 2 GB Sandisk Ultra II and a regular 2 GB Sandisk SD card from a reputable seller on ebay.

I could not get either one to work on my Treo 650. Why? I have absolutely no idea - I tried everything, formatting them on the Treo, formatting them via a card reader on my PC. Nada, Zilch. They would format fine on the pc ( I even copied files to them without any problem), however as soon as I insert them into my Treo, my Treo would see them for a split second and then as soon as I get out of the Card Info application and come back in, the Treo would not see them. Go figure.

I finally gave up and bought a new 4GB A-Data 150X card off ebay and this works perfectly!!!
    Last edited by SilverGS; 10/11/2006 at 10:40 AM.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    A-DATA is probably the best, but you'll pay a little extra for the quality.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    I bought a brand new 2 GB Sandisk Ultra II and a regular 2 GB Sandisk SD card from a reputable seller on ebay.

I could not get either one to work on my Treo 650.
    I've read that over 90% of Sandisk SD cards sold on Ebay are fake. Not that they dont work, but they certainly dont have the same speed and space. I guess compatibility would also not be the same.

Found it!

The fakes look almost identical.
    I have an OCZ 2GB 150X SD card, and I like it. Only possible drawback is that formatting on the PC only seems to work when using the quickformat option. Otherwise, it only has 1GB available. But I don't know of any advantage to formatting without the quickformat switch. I formatted using FAT32 16K, and using FAT16 32K. Both formats work great in my Treo 650, as long as I rename the card within the Treo itself.

Mine was a great deal last month: $17 from Outpost.com ($37 - $20 rebate).