Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700p and am looking for a good weather program that will update on a scheduled basis for a certain zip code. I tried a search and got some old stuff and it didnt say what treo it was tested on. Thanks for your help.

Ken
    Take a look at 4Cast by SHSH software - and yes, there are four or so others. 4Cast interfaces with 2Day and with ZLauncher and with Datebook 6 - so it is one that has lots of fans.

Ben
    I use a mobile weather website.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    4cast is excellent.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I too was looking for a good weather proggie and I ended up choosing xWeather over 4cast. I liked the zoom capabilities and the additional detail you get (when clicking the center button on the 5-way) on the forecast tab. Seems like a really stable product and the developer is really open to feature suggestions.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I've just installed kMeteo and it looks quite nice. And it is free and open source.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    4Cast for me. Seven (7) radar/satellite images (2 customizable), alerts, detailed and quick view 5-day forecast, plus the awesome ZLauncher plugin! Excellent personalized support from Shimon (in Israel)!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    4Cast for me. Seven (7) radar/satellite images (2 customizable), alerts, detailed and quick view 5-day forecast, plus the awesome ZLauncher plugin! Excellent personalized support from Shimon (in Israel)!
    Ditto. I've been using 4cast almost from the day of release and have never seen a single reason to reconsider.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I've just installed kMeteo and it looks quite nice. And it is free and open source.
    Should I install all pdb and prc files? No instructions available in the zip file...
    no, you just install what's in the top folder: kMeteo.prc
    Everything in Src is the source code - I guess it's for OnBoardC
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    4Cast is great...!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I gave it a shot earlier, but I'm not sure what the city code is.. I tried the local code I use for everything else, but wasn't it apparently.

Otherwise, looks pretty weak. But it is free. I've dumped TreoAlarm completely (there's $12 in the hole) and been playing with 4Cast. Nicer, no resets, and the quick access to radar/maps is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I tried the local code I use for everything else, but wasn't it apparently.
    The way to get the city code:

- Go to weather.yahoo.com
    - Enter your city/ area in the box titled "Enter city or zip code"
    - That should take you to the proper city weather pages
    - Look at the URL: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/ABCD####.html
    - ABCD#### is the city code to use with kMetro

(The above instructions, I found on the web, somewhere)

There should have been a "look-up" in kMetro, but it does look like a work in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter View Post
    I too was looking for a good weather proggie and I ended up choosing xWeather over 4cast. I liked the zoom capabilities and the additional detail you get (when clicking the center button on the 5-way) on the forecast tab. Seems like a really stable product and the developer is really open to feature suggestions.
    I agree. xWeather has great features and the developer is very repsonsive.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    mobile.wunderground.com Has animated radar image. Awesome!!
    Thank you. Yes, I think it is simple but free and with the basics...
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes View Post
    mobile.wunderground.com Has animated radar image. Awesome!!
    Yes, I have that bookmarked. One of the few animated radars that work with Blazer! It's a good page to bookmark.
    If you have an AOL IM name (it's free), You can have AOL text you the forecast anyday/everyday based on a zip code (it's free). But your phone company will charge for the incoming text message what ever your plan is.

http://mobile1.aol.com/

Rob
    ----
    Graphics and Animation
    http://www.anim8tions.com
    will look at kMeteo...

currently use AvantGo and channel: AccuWeather.com can setup 2 cities.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Actually, I set kMeteo to sync the weather early in the morning, then I use my soft 2PlayMe to call it 5 minutes before 2PlayMe tries to wake me up with PTunes. Then I know how terrible the weather will be before I even really woke up :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast