1.    #1  
    I expect the following from call waiting as it has been on every cell phone or landline I've ever used:

On Call 1.

Call 2 comes in.

Check Caller ID on Call 2, decide to switch.

Ask Call 1 to hold, press flash or send, phone switches to Call 2.

Decide to switch back, press flash or send, phone switches back to Call 1.

Switch back and forth as many times as desired.

SORRY. NG on VZW Treo 700p! When Call 2 comes in either won't switch or will switch to Call 2 but will not allow going back to Call 1. When Call 2 disconnects, remains displayed on screen and I bet still eating minutes and when I try to disconnect Call 2 and remove from screen, only succeed in hanging up both calls.

If I'm lame, I'm happy to be taught but so far Call Waiting won't work for me and is a huge hosing!!

Same on Sprint? Other VZW users? Any advice? How was it on previous Treos? (This is my first.)

Many thanks and be well, all.

David
    Hi.

Your complaint about not being able to hang up one call at a time (a hang-up disconnecting both calls) is my experience as well. However, I am able to answer the 2nd call and switch back & forth between calls at will. I also have a Verizon 700p.

Mitch
  3.    #3  
    Mitch:

What do you touch to switch back and forth? As I recall it's not obvious.

Thanks,

David
    are you sure that the person on line 1 just didnt hang up? i was able to do it (the only time that i have had call waiting) and switch back. i havent tried it since
    I have a Sprint 700p I can switch back and fore but I can't hang up only 1 call neither.

It's annoying since I could do it with T Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    I have a Sprint 700p I can switch back and fore but I can't hang up only 1 call neither.

It's annoying since I could do it with T Mobile.

Actually, Sprint users can overcome this limitation. Say you have 2 calls and you want to hang on on call 1. You switch over to call 1 and hit end. Give it a couple seconds and the network will call you back with call 2.
  7.    #7  
    Anyone know if Merlyn_3D's suggestion can be made to work on VZW??

Thanks,

David
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbuckley View Post
    Anyone know if Merlyn_3D's suggestion can be made to work on VZW??

Thanks,

David
    Yes works the same
    Yes it works just like Merlyn said.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Merlyn, you truly are a magician...thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  11.    #11  
    Hey Merlyn:

You mean hang up with the red phone button right?

Thanks,

David