Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    the google maps app has already been posted in another thread...it works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    .............To be honest, I really like it except for the lack of 3G data.......
    Except for the lack of wings, the air might be full of flying pigs and frogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    the google maps app has already been posted in another thread...it works great!
    If it runs on a 650, then we are down to only one reason for buying a 680.
    It's been reported to work fine...there's a thread...on treo or I'd post a link. Also works on TX through wi fi.
    It might be a typo, but Palm claims it only supports up to a 2gb SD. This would imply that they did not incorporate FAT32 support. If that is the case, they are idiots. See the link below to see where they stated it.

http://www.palm.com/us/company/pr/ne...l?reqid=915606
    I wonder if it will suffer from the white screen lags the 700p does?
    Last edited by stroths; 10/12/2006 at 03:10 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    It's been reported to work fine...there's a thread...on treo or I'd post a link. Also works on TX through wi fi.
    The link is http://www.google.com/gmm If you enter it from blazer, you can download the PRC direct to the Treo. (Does not require IBM Java.)

It found my Starbuck's, complete with address and phone number. Has "To:, " "From:" and "Call;" buttons. Has a short list of business types; added Starbucks to this list. Keeps a list of locations you have searched for. Gives turn-by-turn directions. Has a "show traffic" capability; cool. Knows airport codes. One can zoom and drag (it fills in automatically). Satellite view is sufficiently granular to see planes on the ground and recognize the aircraft type. [Cannot quite make out the airline livery.]

Reduces the need for DA. Hell, it reduces the need for Google maps on a PC. Greatest value-add to a Treo since GPS.

Works as I would have it work. Sweet!
    Last edited by whmurray; 10/12/2006 at 06:45 PM.
    Works great on my 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    According to Treonauts, the Treo 680 will be announced at 2:00pm today. Cingular will get the phone.
    So much for that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Typical Palm, make a big deal about a press conference and give us nothing. Just more junk to string us along. If I didn't love the dang Treo so much i would go over to the black side. But at least Palm is as consistent with their press conferences as they are there product........make you wait and wait and give you practically nothing new!
    the 680 is a weak attempt to capture some more market share. i just cant see the reason to jump from a 650 to a 680. unless you want a colored palm phone like the teenager next to you
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    the 680 is a weak attempt to capture some more market share. i just cant see the reason to jump from a 650 to a 680. unless you want a colored palm phone like the teenager next to you
    I do not think this is about us. If they expect us to be part of the market for the 650b, they would have to give it away.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456