Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Must be Disappointing to current 680 GSM users
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    and per WSJ the 680 is Palm last intro for 2006
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Actually there are no current 680 users.

To be honest, I really like it except for the lack of 3G data. If it had that it would be near perfect for me. Alas, I can't be going back to edge so I'll get the 750 for me, but the 680 would be great for the rest of my family.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    More here.

At today's announcement, Palm was not yet ready to say what the Treo 680 will cost, what carriers will be offering it, or when it will be available.

and

It will be the first Palm smartphone with a miniSD card, not a full-sized one.

yipes... i hope not! I want a normal SD card
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Full sized SD cards! One good thing at least....
    I may be a contrarian on this, but sign me up!
    Typical Palm, make a big deal about a press conference and give us nothing. Just more junk to string us along. If I didn't love the dang Treo so much i would go over to the black side. But at least Palm is as consistent with their press conferences as they are there product........make you wait and wait and give you practically nothing new!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeen View Post
    1:25PM: Streaming media: supports both audio and video, WMA and WMV support. Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, lacks antenna (finally). Moved SD memory card slot to the side (madness!).

1:26PM: Partner demos: Yahoo! Music, Six Apart (for blogging), Google Maps. You get 30 days of Yahoo Music Unlimited with purchase.
    So what app does Palm use to allow streaming WMA/WMV?!? The embedded Kinoma player on my 700p doesn't play anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    More here.

At today's announcement, Palm was not yet ready to say what the Treo 680 will cost, what carriers will be offering it, or when it will be available.

and

It will be the first Palm smartphone with a miniSD card, not a full-sized one.
    Not quite correct. From Brighthand:

"Despite what earlier reports said, this device will include a slot for full-size SD cards, not miniSD cards."

From the Palm site:

"Support for MultiMediaCard and SD I/O cards"

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Not quite correct. From Brighthand:

"Despite what earlier reports said, this device will include a slot for full-size SD cards, not miniSD cards."

From the Palm site:

"Support for MultiMediaCard and SD I/O cards"

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Yes, I corrected myself when I found the Palm 680 web pages - post no 85.
    Not a bad device. I still maintain that I'd get this one if my 650 goes down and the M600i doesnt see a true US updated release. Tis a shame Palm had to resourt to colors, but the marketing behind it might just tick with folks not named TCers
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Engadget has a picture of the 680 with the Sprint logo.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...-the-treo-680/
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Engadget has a picture of the 680 with the Sprint logo.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...-the-treo-680/
    That would be a Sprint 700p
    Official Pictures here- Google Maps looks nice!

http://www.tbreak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=273387
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHoboken View Post
    no pricing... and 680 only... wheres the US 750???

ARGH!!!!!!

"Here boys and girls... an almost exciting GSM phone for ya."
    Whassa matta wi' you? Colors don't turn you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    Official Pictures here- Google Maps looks nice!

http://www.tbreak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=273387
    Google maps is limited to the 680?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    So, he needed a brass band for a "non-announcement?" Just saw him on CNBC. Embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Not a bad device. I still maintain that I'd get this one if my 650 goes down and the M600i doesnt see a true US updated release. Tis a shame Palm had to resourt to colors, but the marketing behind it might just tick with folks not named TCers
    Boy, that is an entusiastic endorsement. How about you would buy one if pigs fly? If Gary Coleman is drafted by the NBA? How about if Tiger Wood joins the Bolshoi? Are you another one who does not like colors? How about if they accept your 650 and $200-? Wouldn't you pay that for 68mb? Some people just have no loyalty at all.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast