Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    It's past 12:30 ET. What's the news?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Just noticed the TC clock seems to be off by 15 minutes (behind).
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    its 12:40 here... where's the info? anyone got a live feed? nothing yet on the following sites:
    suckular
    or http://web.palm.com/products/smartphones/index.jhtml
    what's the point of being there if they're not going to release information? I'm so confused...
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    1:15 any news yet?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    The suspense is killing me! I have to go to work now, so I won't be able to get the news until 10pm!! ARRGGG!
    Engadget is live blogging the event....looks like it is just now starting...

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/12/l...t-digitallife/
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    this 680 really does sound like a rebadged 650. What's new? What took so long to develop?
    The Palm Marketing Department had to come up with the name.
    different colors....cool
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Cool its coming in different colors! Just like the old visor!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Treo 680... in 4 colours!!! Just announced, saw it at PalmAddicts!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    The Palm Marketing Department had to come up with the name.
    Graphite, Copper, Arctic, and Crimson are the new colors

Strike that - they had to come up with the new colours!
    From engadget live blog...

1:20PM: We just launched the Treo 750v with our partner Vodafone -- that product will come to the rest of the world. Same will be true with the Treo 680.

1:21PM: [Doing demo of the Treo 680] This is for featurephone upgraders: we know this is the ideal formfactor for a phone of this class.

1:22PM: [Running down features] Support for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files, 64MB of RAM, VGA camera, Bluetooth and infrared. What's unique? Brand new phone application and UI. Full user guide on the device. Includes wired car kit application [have to buy a kit, of course]. Hold launcher key to get "most recently used applications." New five tab home screen. Simplified favorites view. Integrated contacts, built directly into the phone application. Active call thumbnails. Easy multiway conference calls. VersaMail 3.5, now includes Exchange contacts sync. Improved addressing. AutoSync any combo of mail, calendar, contacts. Includes Docs To Go Professional v8.0 for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files.

1:24PM: Multimedia: new pictures and videos applications, add music to slideshow, save a picture as contact directly from album. Pocket Tunes comes included. Voice memo application.
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Brand new phone application and UI. Full user guide on the device. Includes wired car kit application [have to buy a kit, of course]. Hold launcher key to get "most recently used applications." New five tab home screen. Simplified favorites view. Integrated contacts, built directly into the phone application. Active call thumbnails. Easy multiway conference calls. VersaMail 3.5, now includes Exchange contacts sync. Improved addressing. AutoSync any combo of mail, calendar, contacts. Includes Docs To Go Professional v8.0 for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files.

Multimedia: new pictures and videos applications, add music to slideshow, save a picture as contact directly from album. Pocket Tunes comes included. Voice memo application.
    1:25PM: Streaming media: supports both audio and video, WMA and WMV support. Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, lacks antenna (finally). Moved SD memory card slot to the side (madness!).

1:26PM: Partner demos: Yahoo! Music, Six Apart (for blogging), Google Maps. You get 30 days of Yahoo Music Unlimited with purchase.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    brand new phone APP...about damn time.
    1:27PM: There's a mobile version of TypePad. Now they're showing off Google Maps for Treo -- traffic info included (sweet).

sounds like they made a TON of improvements to the POS. And Google maps for Treo? Wow, with traffic updates too.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Moved SD memory card slot to the side
    Hope that means they've kept with full-sized SD, rather than making us buy new min-SD cards...
    1:32PM: We've doing a new advertising campaign in partnership with Yahoo, eBay, and Google to highlight these new features. We've improved the browser so that it caches these pages and is faster at delivering content.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast