Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ok ok! What I MEANT to say is, there hasn't been a POS GSM Treo for ages! Obviously the 700P is a POS Treo, but only for CDMA!

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    You know TX - just because you are done with the Palm OS, it doesn't mean we all are. Since so many Windows Treos have been released, won't you at least allow us ONE new Palm OS Treo? Won't you?
    I have been a loyal POS user for a long time. I think overall, from a POS or WM5 prespective, GSM folks have gotten the shaft lately with no new Treo releases. CDMA is getting all of the new great devices. Anyone who is ok with the POS I respect your opinion and more power to you. I hope the next POS device is not as buggy as the 650 was.

I have had a few WM5 devices and given the seamless way they work with MES, I cannot see taking a step back to a POS that does not deliver as much functionality. I think POS does do some things better like calendar over WM5, but overall if you are on MES, IMO, WM5 is the better device and the one I am "paitently" waiting for.

I guess the perfect situation would be for the 680 and the 750 to both be announced tomorrow....then we will all be happy!
    You got it TX! And I respect your opinion!
    Ok ok! What I MEANT to say is, there hasn't been a POS GSM Treo for ages! Obviously the 700P is a POS Treo, but only for CDMA!
    I second that.

I know I need to get my head checked for even considering it But wouldn't it be awesome if the 680 or next 750 had wifi?

Andrew
    But we GSM users haven't gotten a WM5 Treo in the US yet! EVER!!!
    Just call me Berd.
    it will be the treo650x- all the same specs but comes in fusha and fluorescent green.
    It's the 12th in Greenwich!
    Where's my Treo!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtv4me View Post
    I'm betting 750p for Cingular....OK...so I am hoping for a 750p. It will be a P phone though not a V.
    Silly season goes on. Perry, where are you? The best that may happen tomorrow is that the number of possibilities will go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I finally figured out what the avatar is. Sad, but very appropriate. Silly season will finally end tomorrow. The Palm OS will end. Hope will end. Perry, where are you?
    Last edited by whmurray; 10/11/2006 at 07:32 PM.
    what ever device it is, how much do you want to bet it wont be unbranded and unlocked?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm afraid you're probably right Felipe. I hope it isn't months before we can get a unbranded unlocked version from Palm.
    For what it's worth, I was in a Cingular store in Louisville this past Saturday to see the new Nokia E62. The sales guy said the new "Palm 700" was coming out soon. I specifically asked if it had an external antenna like the 650 and he said yes. He said the "Palm 750" was coming out later this year or first quarter of next, I can't remember.

Based on him I'd expect the 700p, and not the 680.

However, he was a little squirrely and didn't know much about some of their existing devices.

I'm following the announcement on the 12th just to see if he was right or not.
    -BD
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    just wanted to go buy a nokia e61, now this.

let it be a POS (not piece of sxxx) with multitasking. please.

please please please.
    After all this I'm still AMAZED at how long it has taken Palm to come out with 1 freakn GSM phone in the past 1.5 years

REDICULOUS
    It's Palm. You expect too much.

Now we can make it 2.
    Maybe these 2 will put some life back into Palm, though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's Palm. You expect too much.

Now we can make it 2.
    Maybe these 2 will put some life back into Palm, though.
    Perhaps. However, if they kill POS, the soul will be gone.
    WSJ article says "680." However, the TC story on it is silent on all the important options like OS, BT, UMTS, etc. Sounds more like a price reduction on the 650 than new function. If it is POS, that may not rejuvenate it but at least it will not drive a stake through its already failing heart. I think I may go back to bed and not get up until 1230EST.

Perry, where are you?
    Last edited by whmurray; 10/12/2006 at 10:14 AM.
    According to Treonauts, the Treo 680 will be announced at 2:00pm today. Cingular will get the phone.
    this 680 really does sound like a rebadged 650. What's new? What took so long to develop?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast