Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Found this while looking for the 750v

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-UNRELEASED-U...QQcmdZViewItem

NOT my auction just thought people would be interested. I'd say it's pretty gutsy(stupid) of whoever the seller is. What do you think the chances are that he gets caught?
    I'll pass.....The 750 is the phone for me. WM5 all the way baby!
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I may bid for it - I don't want to downgrade to the horrid little 240x240 WM-compromise screen and pay more for the privilege
    it would be betrter just to wait i think
    How can you sell something and still say: "The Treo 680 has not been officially announced by Palm, so specifications have still not been confirmed. It is being speculated that the new Treo 680 will feature a VGA camera and the dimensions will mirror more expensive Treo 750. There is no word on whether it will use the same finish used by the Black Tie Treo 650 and Treo 750v. Being a low-cost, entry-level model, you can expect Palm to leave some features out of the lower cost Treo 680 such as WiFi, push email or a 3 megapixel camera"
    ???
    If you have it, can't you "confirm"?

Strange
    yeah that seems a little shady. i was thinking about that. but they have different pictures of it that essentially show that they do have it.

but i don see how they dont know what it has. thats stupid
    On a few of the photos they masked what looks like a watermark area (that is usually placed by websites), so he/she does have something to hide...

Creepy (but interesting)
    Prototype, and seller claims this GSM phone works on Sprint and Verizon.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    At least some of the pictures have been seen before. For sure the one where the device is laying on what looks like red carpet. I'm calling BS on this.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Anyone who buys something that hasn't been released is asking to be ripped off Of course even if they are telling the truth and do send you the unit who are you going to call if it goes wrong
    Did anyone else notice this pic?? Out of all the leaked pics, I had never seen this one before?? Looks like a cool new phone app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I find it strange that it has T Mobile in the upper left corner and the Cingular logo....
    Cingular firmware, but unlocked so it's on a T-Mobile network. My original Treo 600 showed the Cingular logo at startup because it was an unlocked Cingular model, but it ran great with my TMO SIM card.
    "Palm, Inc. has scheduled a press conference on October 12 at the DigitalLife show (October 12-15 in NYC). It's possible that this will be the venue where Palm will announce its latest handhelds. But even if it doesn't happen there, I'm sure it will happen some time soon.”
    Silly season goes on and and on and on. Do you suppose that someday they may actually ship something? Perry where are you?
    Last edited by whmurray; 10/11/2006 at 03:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Moot point anyway - the item's just been withdrawn from eBay anyway.

I wonder why?
    Glad I didn't bid. Knew it sounded to good to be true.
    I'm definitly glad I switched from cingular if this turns out to be the the only option for a new treo on GSM network that's gonna suck big time
    Quote Originally Posted by ronstopable View Post
    I'm definitly glad I switched from cingular if this turns out to be the the only option for a new treo on GSM network that's gonna suck big time
    T-Mo has announced thet it will roll out UMTS/HSDPA in the US. Suggests that it may leap-frog Cingular. That should push Cingular. It is not a question of whether or not Treo has a product. One nice thing about GSM is that it knows no borders. That means that it is only a matter of how much one is willing to pay.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    The link on Ebay has been removed.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Yes, but T-Mobile is going to use frequencies that neither the rest of the world or Cingular uses (world uses 1900/2100, Cingular uses 850/1900, T-Mobile will use 1700/2100). Translation means that phones will have to be specially made for T-Mobile. Smallest GSM provider in U.S., I would who is going to commit to that? Guaranteed no Treo to use those frequencies for years at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    T-Mo has announced thet it will roll out UMTS/HSDPA in the US. Suggests that it may leap-frog Cingular. That should push Cingular. It is not a question of whether or not Treo has a product. One nice thing about GSM is that it knows no borders. That means that it is only a matter of how much one is willing to pay.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680