1.    #1  
    I have this 160 MB .wmv movie I want to convert to a format (probably .avi or any other compatible format) that I can play on my Treo (I have a 4GB card in it).

What software do you guys recommend to do this conversion?

I already have TCPMP on my Treo to play the compatible format of the movie.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  2.    #2  
    I think I found my answer! PocketDVD Studio seems to be the software that is most talked about. For some reason I was under the mistaken impression that it only converted DVD movies, but I just read the documentation and it appears to convert .wmv files as well.

Will try it out now.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
  3.    #3  
    So I tried this out and after 5 mins, the demo version stops recording. This is not an error, but a limitation in the demo version.

I now have to buy the full version before I can convert my whole video.....
    VEMODE or Super They're both free.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    VEMODE or Super They're both free.
    Thanks Peter! Just downloaded Vemode and did the conversion. I don't have my sync cable here in the office, so will upload this to my Treo tonight at home and will let you know how the conversion went.
    With VEMODE can you view a wmv file that is attached to an email (SnapperMail)?

If so, can anyone provide a link to download the app?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    TurboTiger,

VEMODE is a desktop tool used to convert .wmv files. It doesn't reside on the Treo.
  8.    #8  
    Downloaded Vemode yesterday and converted a 161 Mb .wmv video to .avi file (142 MB) and watched part of the movie this morning on the train in to work and it was just fantastic! Awesome tool!!! Thanks Peter!
    It works great on DVD's too.
  10.    #10  
    It works great on DVD's too.
    Cool! Good to know.
    TurboTiger,

VEMODE is a desktop tool used to convert .wmv files. It doesn't reside on the Treo.
    Tks peterlemonjello
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Thx for the intro to VEMODE. It's a new app for me.
    Your welcome everyone. Don't forget to take a look at SUPER too. It's very similiar to VEMODE. Not as easy to use but has more options for power users.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html