Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I got this 'problem' when using treo.
    Bcause the easyness & comfort in typing SMS, I become loose control.
    In a month my SMS usage cost is far beyond voice call.
    Anybody know how to limit SMS sending, for instance 50 SMS max per day.
    Or is there any app to limit this?
    Thx
  2. #2  
    dunno if there's an app that can help u limit but here's something that can help you track your usage...

    sms counter
  3.    #3  
    Track usage is possible from the SENT Folder, right?
    I need the program that can warn if -say- the SMS has already reached 50 SMS daily....
  4. #4  
    sms counter has a facility for raising a warning if the usage exceeds pre-set limit. However I don't think you can set daily limits, you can only set monthly limits!
    Satish Joshi
  5.    #5  
    SMS counter?
    Where to get that app?
    I think it's a good start....
  6. #6  
  7. #7  
    Send the SMS in the form of an email.

    If you send an email from your treo to 9999999999@teleflip.com (where "9999999999" is the 10 digit telephone number), it will appear as an SMS on the recipient's phone.

    When they reply to the teleflip, it will arrive to you in the form of an email.

    Stalker768
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by piterh View Post
    SMS counter?
    Where to get that app?
    I think it's a good start....
    if u took the time to explore my previous post, you wouldve noticed that ive already attached the link to it...
  9.    #9  
    Thx darksoul... I got it....

    Stalker : will it work for GSM or CDMA>?
  10. #10  
    I have used it with success with Sprint (CDMA), Verizon (CDMA), Cingular (GSM) and T-Mobile (GSM).

    Stalker768
  11. #11  
    try SELF-CONTROL, try not to send too much sms. or rather try this app:

    SMAATO COST

    try googling it to locate the website.

    i hope this helps you
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

    The weather in MY Place is

    For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
  12. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by piterh View Post
    I got this 'problem' when using treo.
    Bcause the easyness & comfort in typing SMS, I become loose control.
    In a month my SMS usage cost is far beyond voice call.
    Anybody know how to limit SMS sending, for instance 50 SMS max per day.
    Or is there any app to limit this?
    Thx
    Why not just get a SMS plan?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Why not just get a SMS plan?
    That's what I was wondering. 50 SMS a day for 30 days is 1500, at $0.10 each that's still $150...
  14. #14  
    hmmmmm....i know how you feel because i can send 22000 sms a month here in the philippines and i only pay 600php because this is a kind of sms plan that is very good heh heh. local sms only
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

    The weather in MY Place is

    For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
  15. #15  
    how much is 600php in US dollars?\\


    edit: just googled it: ~$12.50US
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdboy View Post
    hmmmmm....i know how you feel because i can send 22000 sms a month here in the philippines and i only pay 600php because this is a kind of sms plan that is very good heh heh. local sms only
    Eeeek! You're in the Philippines?? I'm from there! Sorry...off topic, but I get so excited when I see TC members posting from there...
  17. #17  
    You should just sign-up for an unlimited plan. It is really worth not having to worry about the time you spend browsing the net or sending text messages. Are you really sending over 50/day?..and I thought I was getting bad at 5 or 6! Good luck however you end up solving your prob.

Posting Permissions