1.    #1  
    I've had my wonderful Treo 600 since November of 2003, and it has/continues to work flawlessly! (I know - I should knock on wood) Now I notice after removing it from the case at least twenty times a day by the antenna (how else?) that the antenna is slightly loose. Is there a tiny screw under the rubber protectors on the underside? How can the antenna be made tight again? I am surely not sending it in for service - I can't do without it!

Andrew
    Yes there is a screw and yes it will tighten the antenna. (It may have a a warranty voiding sticker, but that is unlikely to worry you with a 600).
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    johncc is correct, but it is not a slotted or phillips head, you need a special torx head, most get them(the tool) when they buy a new battery.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys - where is the screw? I assume it's under one of the rubber "legs", but which one? And can you get the rubber back after you've removed it?

Andrew
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    It's the rubber cover right under the antenna on the back, it matches the two lower rubber pieces not the round one. If you just pop out the rubber cover you will see the torx head
  6.    #6  
    Thanks a lot! I will give it a try!

Andrew
    Tightening the screw may not tighten the antenna. It is a through screw and if the antenna is loose, then the hole in the antenna may be enlarged. This happened on my 650 and eventually the antenna material failed. The antenna came off in my hand eventhough the screw was still in place. I dropped my treo twice before I sprang for a replacement antenna. The antenna is just to convenient as a handle when you pull the Treo from it's holster.
  8.    #8  
    Well, I'm happy to report that I tightened the screw and the antenna is now tight again. Don't know how long it will last though. Thanks everyone!

Andrew