Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

OK I'm sure I will be sorry after making this post, but after all the trouble I have had, I thought I owe it to at least post when some amazing stuff happens. On my Verizon Treo 700P I have the following installed:

Audible, Backupbuddy, BlueFiles, Directory Assistant, Duckhunt, Express, File Manager, Mappy, MobileClock, MobiTV, McPacman, Pocket-Tunes (updated purchase), QuickNews, Typeright, Typepad, Verichat, Voicedial, 2Day, 4Cast, Card Reader, Initiate, Tom Tom Navigator 5, Splashblog, Splashphoto, Versamail.

Believe it or not, the thing is actually, totally, completely ROCK SOLID! No resets, no issues.

I've worked hard to get just the right balance, but I'm here to tell ya, it CAN be done. If you need any help with settings for this stuff, let me know. PocketTunes does NOT skip anymore, which rocks finally too. Finally!!

Karl
    www.qtqtqt.com

PS I have a GREAT gadget review on my podcast this week, tune in by Wednesday to hear it, solar charging backpack that actually works!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    verichat? You got it worked?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    i too have a pretty solid 700p, same as my 650. I think most problems are apps that dont work proper and or user error. I didnt return my 650, i never had one problem with it. i upgraded for various reasons and im glad i did. my 700 is the same one i left with from sprint. i have no issues. i get an occasional reset, but those are totally from apps.

Mt
    no complaints at all with my 700p except the SMS lockup which is extremely aggravating
    You guys are not noticing a moderate to severe overall sluggishness as compared to the 650? What about your BT headsets dropping the pairing randomly and frequently?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    don't use BT here, couldn't say
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    You guys are not noticing a moderate to severe overall sluggishness as compared to the 650? What about your BT headsets dropping the pairing randomly and frequently?
    i blame my bluetooth probs on my old logitech headset, i ordered a plantronics 655, ill let you know how that works. most of the time my old headset works fine, but it was never outstanding to begin with.

as far as sluggishness, im not sure how it stacks up to the 650, i think it pretty fast for me.

mt
    Well I am directly comparing the 650 to my new 700P (with the same Scala 500 BT headset). I sense an overall sluggishness and the BT dropping that has been mentioned throughout these forums. I am constantly debating going back to my 650 (which I still have) but EVDO is keeping me with the 700 (esp the fact that all calls come through).

My 700P is pretty "stable" in the sense that it doesn't crash, but it is far from as refined as the 650 was. You guys all seem so happy and not questioning these issues at all so I thought maybe you had some additional info.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    While overall the 700p is a good unit, there are issues. There is certainly a speed issue, but the cause seems to be voodoo. Mine was getting extremely sluggish, so I finally removed Versamail and tried out Chattermail. This improved the speed but I had issues with Chattermail (like alerting me on every message not just once per account). I ended up deleting Chattermail and reinstalling Versamail. Now a number of the lags when switching apps are much better but I suspect it will slow down again over time. Also anytime after Backupman runs, if I open Blazer, there is a huge 5 - 15 second delay at a white screen before Blazer loads and runs. The EVDO functionality is great but there are a number of issues with the 700p.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    No problems here except the G** D*** 0x713e error on connecting to the Power Vision nextwork!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Yea, there is a Verichat out there hacked to work on the 700P - works perfectly. Search the threads -

The Bluetooth is sure as hell better on the 700P than the 650 - THAT is a 10000% for sure.
    It depends on what you doing with the bluetooth. It does provide better audio on many bluetooth headsets but isn't anywhere near perfect:

1.) Sometimes makes connection to Jabra JX-10 headset, but fails to route audio to the headset. Soft reset of Treo fixes problem but randomly reoccurs now and then.
    2.) Displays signal strength on the bluetooth on my car. The 650 would also and updated the display when the signal strength changes. The 700p doesn't update the strength, it only shows the value from when the car started. Not real useful.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Hey Palm and Bluetooth have always had issues, we all know that. BUT the 700P is worlds above the 650 - the 650 was so bad it wasn't worth even trying. Try different headsets on the 700P you'll find one that works well.
    Regarding Bluetooth, I've had really good luck with the Palm headset. Not a single problem. Which I would hope would have no issues with the Treo. Other ones I have tried did have a lot of issues.
  15. pmb
    I too have had good luck with the 700p (Sprint w/EV-DO). I learned early on with the 650 to be leary of third party software and have been so with the 700. My Plantronics Voyager 510 worked great on the 650 but not the 700. Just about gave up on bluetooth. Looking forward to a ROM update from Sprint. That did wonders for the 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Regarding Bluetooth, I've had really good luck with the Palm headset. Not a single problem. Which I would hope would have no issues with the Treo. Other ones I have tried did have a lot of issues.

i have the Treo headset i dont know wich one your talking about but i have the one that says Treo ,and i use the bluetooth on my acura tl and never had a problem with the bluetooth on any of them.