Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Anytime the reception decreases, the phone has to output more power to compensate. The same thing would be true if you went from an area with good reception to an area with worse reception. Battery life will be decreased and radiation will be increased as compared to the stock antenna (given the reduction in reception strength).
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Nice advert for your product
    Yeah. What are you trying to do? Scamming us with your 20 dollar thumb tacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonron View Post
    Anytime the reception decreases, the phone has to output more power to compensate. The same thing would be true if you went from an area with good reception to an area with worse reception. Battery life will be decreased and radiation will be increased as compared to the stock antenna (given the reduction in reception strength).
    Agreed, but it won't be 1:1 and it also depends on initial coverage. Good coverage, no change.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Agreed, but it won't be 1:1 and it also depends on initial coverage. Good coverage, no change.
    Not true. A 20% decrease is the same whether you're in good coverage or not. It will be more noticeable in areas with poor coverage though.
    So you're saying that 20% decrease in reception equals a 20% increase in battery usage.. You're wrong, but moving on..

You're also saying it's 1:1, good coverage or not. But it's more noticable in areas with poor coverage. So is it 1:1 or not? One minute you say it is, the next it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    So you're saying that 20% decrease in reception equals a 20% increase in battery usage.. You're wrong, but moving on..

You're also saying it's 1:1, good coverage or not. But it's more noticable in areas with poor coverage. So is it 1:1 or not? One minute you say it is, the next it's not.
    Why would it be 1:1? I could see it being more than a 20% reduction in battery life if you're in a bad area because the phone would be constantly searching for a signal when it didn't have to before. In a good area, I could see it being less than 20% since the phone would still have plenty of reception.
    2000Man, what the heck is your problem? You seem to think gadgetplus is your mortal enemy. Chill out. I've seen your posts and although you bring to light certain things, you're not the antenna avenger out to save the world.
    2000Man is really Chad Vader ( ) and gadgetplus is Clint. 2000Man is mad about Clarissa and the day shift...he has a right to hold a grudge...lol
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I just got the Gray Treo 650 "ZERO" antenna (made by gadgetplus) today, here's a micro-review:

1) Shipped from Singapore mid-last week, got it today (4 business days later)
    2) Installation took less than 2 minutes (T5 screwdriver was included free)
    3) I tested removing the antenna per gadgetplus instructions) takes few seconds and easy enough, no damage to the case whatsoever)
    4) And MOST IMPORTANT, my initial tests (not scientific by any mean), I CAN'T notice any degradation in reception. I am using the ZLauncher RSSI # indicator to compare and in various sections on my work building the reception is exactly the same (or with very minor differences that can be related to me moving the phone around).

So just to make sure, I certainly don't see the 20% reduction in reception/signal that was initial mentioned by gadgetplus (and then re-quoted many times by others). It behaves very similar (if not closely the same) to the original antenna's signal levels.

So far a very happy customer…

Thanks gadgetplus.

Ix.
    post pics
    you got it nightlight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks. Not liking the large gaps and holes but we'll see what the Zoti one looks like when it finally arrives (hopefully).
    Mine is on the way. We are doing exactly that, making sure it fits the phone perfectly and that there is no degradation in reception.
    Tested on Unlocked Cingular branded Treo 650 on T-Mobile service. Got the zero antenna a week after it was shipped from Singapore.

Pros:

1. I didn't see any difference in the reception both @ work and home.
    2. Number of bars on the signal remained the same. This may not be the scientifically accurate way to measure the signal strength but I don't care as long as the reception and battery life are not affected.
    3. Cosmetically it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm quite OK with it.

Cons:

1. Cosmetically it may not appeal to some people.
    2. Light grey is no longer available for Cingular and unbranded Treos.
    3. Hard to get it out.

Overall a very positive experience. Worth every penny.
    Highly recommened.
    Last edited by seyak; 11/15/2006 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    2000Man is really Chad Vader ( ) and gadgetplus is Clint. 2000Man is mad about Clarissa and the day shift...he has a right to hold a grudge...lol
    BWAHAHAHAA!!
    http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...ilies/rofl.gif "...who took my meat pillow?!" http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...ilies/rofl.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by seyak View Post
    Tested on Unlocked Cingular branded Treo 650 on T-Mobile service. Got the zero antenna a week after it was shipped from Singapore.

Pros:

1. I didn't see any difference in the reception both @ work and home.
    2. Number of bars on the signal remained the same. This may not be the scientifically accurate way to measure the signal strength but I don't care as long as the reception and battery life are not affected.
    3. Cosmetically it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm quite OK with it.

Cons:

1. Cosmetically it may not appeal to some people.
    2. Light grey is no longer available for Cingular and unbranded Treos.
    3. Hard to get it out.

Overall a very positive experience. Worth every penny.
    Highly recommened.
    Why didn't you actually test the reception? No reception test and no pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    I'm going to test the reception as soon as my antenna comes in. I took pictures of the phone with RSSI value showing in three different locations, and I'm planning on placing the phone in exactly the same locations with the zero antenna to see what the difference is.
    I have no interest nor the patience for measuring the signal strength as long as I don't hear any difference in the call quality. My review was based purely on my personal experience with no scientific measurements to back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I'm going to test the reception as soon as my antenna comes in. I took pictures of the phone with RSSI value showing in three different locations, and I'm planning on placing the phone in exactly the same locations with the zero antenna to see what the difference is.
    Make sure to test them at the same locations at the same time (back to back) and while on calls. Not being on a call and not being on the same day won't be as good.

I'll be testing as well and it will be back to back, in one location, while on a call and using the debug screen.
    Make sure to test them at the same locations at the same time (back to back) and while on calls. Not being on a call and not being on the same day won't be as good.

I'll be testing as well and it will be back to back, in one location, while on a call and using the debug screen.
    I won't be switching back and forth, so one location can have before adn after at the same time, but the second and third will be a few days apart since I have already taken the before pictures.

Honestly, I don't think the day and time makes a difference in signal. I always use the debug screen and the signal at the same place has never changed. Unless you can show me some documentation otherwise, let's all assume it doesn't make a difference - and neither does being on a call or not. The RSSI value measures the signal to the phone, no difference if you are on a call.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast