Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 73
  1.    #1  
    I saw an old friend of mine a few nights ago at dinner, and discovered he works for Palm. I mentioned how I follow all the latest rumors at TreoCentral, and he pulled out his Treo 680 and let me play with it. I didn't do much with it, didn't want to frighten him off with my Treo obsession (that way I can hit him up for more information in the future!), but it was pretty damn cool. Just bought a 700p, and need to keep Sprint, but man the antenna-less version is sleek and seems much smaller (alas only for Cingular right now). Anyways, thought I'd share and gloat at the fact that for once I actually can participate in all the rumors and be one of those guys who says "My contact at Palm told me about the latest & greatest...". Two interesting tidbits I got out of the conversation:

    1) The Treo 680 will be launched in a week.
    2) Palm closely monitors TreoCentral.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  2. #2  
    Hey Palm,
    I hear you monitor TC.
    Well, You Had Better Get it Right This Time!
    I have got so close to buying the tytn.
    Please, Please, Please! Show you care, by quickly addressing any issues/bugs that arise w/ these 2 new Treo's.

    Thanks
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
  3. #3  
    So if the 680 launches in a week, when will Cingular get it? More importantly, when will Cingular get the 750?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #5  
    Yes, I've seen that thread. Hard for me to take someone with 1 post as the definitive word on schedules.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5. #6  
    The part about Palm monitoring TC makes me wonder if some of the people who get overly defensive or make excuses over Palm's business practices are Palm employees. But that was suspected anyway after they sent some posters "polite" emails telling them to shut up and hand over their test devices.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #7  
    Well, Palm monitors a ton of sites, many of which are famous, and many of which are not. Tis a good thing.

    As for the 680, I heard the same that this week its a coming. Also got wind of other things, but those I really cannot speak about (yet).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  7. #8  
    Only if they actually started listening to the real paying customers who post, would it be a good thing.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  8. #9  
    Only if they actually started listening to the real paying customers who post, would it be a good thing.
    LT/TD, you cold, you know that was really, really cold (and true). Hope none of Palm's employees meet you along the way
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  9. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Only if they actually started listening to the real paying customers who post, would it be a good thing.
    what makes you think they dont? The next update for the WX will include Picture Mail as a for instance.
  10. #11  
    So is it SD or mini SD?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  11. #12  
    Didn't see anything about that Ahalvor. What I do see is that they often gloss over what customers want or need, with some lame excuse or even none at all.

    But I do have to say they finally got their WM Treo act together with the 700wx and 750, EXCEPT for built-in wifi. I'm actually considering testing the 750 when it finally gets to the US.

    I did see where threaded SMS was supposed to be on the 700wx, but it isn't. Is that going to be in the update too?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #13  
    Palm, make a QVGA screen Treo. You hear me? I am jumping ship in 6 months.
  13. #14  
    Lady Treo, why are you enticed by the 750? It is not different from 700vx appart from the missing antenna.
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY View Post
    I saw an old friend of mine a few nights ago at dinner, and discovered he works for Palm. I mentioned how I follow all the latest rumors at TreoCentral, and he pulled out his Treo 680 and let me play with it. I didn't do much with it, didn't want to frighten him off with my Treo obsession (that way I can hit him up for more information in the future!), but it was pretty damn cool. Just bought a 700p, and need to keep Sprint, but man the antenna-less version is sleek and seems much smaller (alas only for Cingular right now). Anyways, thought I'd share and gloat at the fact that for once I actually can participate in all the rumors and be one of those guys who says "My contact at Palm told me about the latest & greatest...". Two interesting tidbits I got out of the conversation:

    1) The Treo 680 will be launched in a week.
    2) Palm closely monitors TreoCentral.
    Please Please Please - Find out what version of Blazer (hopefully with Kinoma embedded) is on the 680!
  15. #16  
    Does the 680 have bluetooth?
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Please Please Please - Find out what version of Blazer (hopefully with Kinoma embedded) is on the 680!
    Sorry, I didn't look at it too long. It does have Bluetooth, I confirmed it with him that day. The phone looks pretty much like the 700p minus the antenna. I was so excited to get a "sneak preview" that I didn't do my due diligence and really inspect the device. I'll be sure to do that the next time I get the chance to see an unreleased model.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
  17. #18  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/viewpost.gif
    Please Please Please - Find out what version of Blazer (hopefully with Kinoma embedded) is on the 680!


    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY View Post
    Sorry, I didn't look at it too long. It does have Bluetooth, I confirmed it with him that day. The phone looks pretty much like the 700p minus the antenna. I was so excited to get a "sneak preview" that I didn't do my due diligence and really inspect the device. I'll be sure to do that the next time I get the chance to see an unreleased model.
    Could you give your friend a call and ask one quick question for all of us here at TC?
    If Blazer with Kinoma embedded is on the Treo 680 that might just be enough to bring many of us down off of the fence in regards to this model.
    TTB
  18. #19  
    Palm people monitor TC? I'm glad to hear it. Now if only there would be a bit of www.cluetrain.com or www.buzzmachine.com conversation with their customers instead of lurking and eavesdropping . . . . .

    Palm, I'm buying a T-Mobile Dash next week. I really like the Palm UI, but . . . . Wish I could stick with Palm, though. Love, Tastypeppers.
  19. #20  
    Palm, unlike many others here, I'm not going to bash you for not including this feature or that feature. I know that you can NEVER satisfy everyone in terms of product features. I've only got ONE request for you, Palm. Just one:

    Palm, PLEASE stop being so secretive. Tell your customers what your plans are. Give your customers reasonable advance notice of when your new products are coming, and what features those products will have. Stop making us GUESS about what you are going to do. Because you are losing THOUSANDS, maybe MILLIONS, of customers, who just won't bother with guessing. Instead, they will patronize a company whose business model is more transparent.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions