1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the Cardo Scala 700 with the 700wx? How is the outgoing and incoming sound quality? Any pairing issues? Thanks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm getting mine today. I'll post in a few days with my experience.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Scala 700 is being returned. My main reasons for buying this headset was that it supposedly didn't drop the BT connection on the 700wx, and that it supports multiple phone pairings. The first criteria was great. Though it did lose connection a couple of times, it picked right back up when I pushed the button, so not too bad there. The problem came in when trying to use it with two phones. When it worked, it worked great. But after a while (1 hour, 4 hours, definitely less than a work day) all of a sudden it wouldn't pick up calls from either phone. Pressing the wheel twice (which is how you select which phone you are working with) acted like it was working right on the headset, but nothing would happen on the other phone. So basically at that point the headset was dead, and I would have to turn it off for a couple of minutes, cycle BT on both of my phones, turn the headset back on, and I was SOMETIMES good to go for another few hours. Cardo support wasn't much help, though they said they'd look into it. I guess I'm back to my Plantronics 640 and the frequent dropoffs...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet View Post
    Scala 700 is being returned. My main reasons for buying this headset was that it supposedly didn't drop the BT connection on the 700wx, and that it supports multiple phone pairings. The first criteria was great. Though it did lose connection a couple of times, it picked right back up when I pushed the button, so not too bad there. The problem came in when trying to use it with two phones. When it worked, it worked great. But after a while (1 hour, 4 hours, definitely less than a work day) all of a sudden it wouldn't pick up calls from either phone. Pressing the wheel twice (which is how you select which phone you are working with) acted like it was working right on the headset, but nothing would happen on the other phone. So basically at that point the headset was dead, and I would have to turn it off for a couple of minutes, cycle BT on both of my phones, turn the headset back on, and I was SOMETIMES good to go for another few hours. Cardo support wasn't much help, though they said they'd look into it. I guess I'm back to my Plantronics 640 and the frequent dropoffs...
    Thanks for the headsup. I wound up getting the BlueAnt x3. Works really well. No bluetooth dropped connections so far. Good voice quality. Better than the Plantronics 510 and Samsung WEP200 that I tried previously. Haven't tried using it with multiple bluetooth devices (it can pair with up to 3 devices).
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    How long have you been using the blueant now? Curious as to how stable the BT connection has been, along with voice quality in noisy environments (car window down, etc.)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet View Post
    How long have you been using the blueant now? Curious as to how stable the BT connection has been, along with voice quality in noisy environments (car window down, etc.)
    I've only had it for 4 days, so I'm still putting it through it's paces. Haven't lost the BT connection once, so it's been pretty stable so far. My past earpieces would lose connection frequently. I haven't tested the Blueant in noisy environments yet. The only problem I've notices so far is after a soft reset on the phone, the first call I make on on the earpiece has a faint buzzing sound in the background. As soon as I disconnect, all subsequent calls are fine. It's just that first call after a soft reset. I can live with that. I got the Blue Ant Micro X3 on Amazon for $50. So far, it looks like I'm keeping it.