1.    #1  
    In the past week, I have encountered a charging problem. I usually charge my 700p overnight using only the USB cable. I found the red light would be on, but when I unpluuged in the morning my Treo would not be fully charged. Initally, I blamed it on an application (not knowing which one). After a couple days of this, I hard reset and restored. It seemed to have fixed the problem, but is now happening again. Now I think it is the connection. I can get it to charge, but don't know which combination of things make it work. It does not seem to make a difference if the red led is on. Can you have a non-charging connection with the red led on. I am using a USB hub. Maybe I should try going direct? Anyone experience this?
    I've heard other people complain of this as well. My phone (Sprint) only gets a trickle charge when connected to my computer. Best bet is to charge it with the regular wall charger. Should solve your problem.
    Mine charges fine via USB. Actually, I haven't used the AC charger since I got my (Sprint)700P.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Definitely try direct. I charge via the USB all the time.

Is your hub powered? (Maybe it doesn't have enough power).

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by garylapointe View Post
    Is your hub powered? (Maybe it doesn't have enough power).
    It is powered, since it works most of the time.
  6.    #6  
    I think I may have found my problem. I charge overnight and do my backup every night about 1am. My backup has an option to do a reset after backing up. I turned this on thinking it would be a good idea to just clear everything out once a day. I think this reset affects the charging. Turning the reset on seems to coincide with about the time I started seeing the problem. I turned the option off for the past 2 nights, and my 700p has charged as before. Next I am going to try to setup a hotsync after the reset and see if it might have an impact on resetting the charging mechanism.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Next I am going to try to setup a hotsync after the reset and see if it might have an impact on resetting the charging mechanism.
    Did not start to charge after reset and hotsync. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    It is powered, since it works most of the time.
    All USB hubs will grab what power they can through their connection to the PC. A "powered" USB hub is one that is also provided power through a dedicated wall plug. He was asking if your USB hub is also plugged into the wall for power rather than just getting it from the PC. Some USB hubs can act quirky until they are "powered."
  9.    #9  
    It is not powered.