Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Could someone tell me if they have had any experience with HotSyncing a new 700p straight to a 650 profile? I am planning on upgrading but don't want to have to reinstall all my favorite apps. Since the OS is not much different on the 700p will this be successful?

Also, what happens with ocs to Go? Since it is in the ROM on the 700p what will happen with my 650 version. I guess I could uninstall that first before the hotsync.

I also use backupman and I'm assuming I could probably individually push application from the card on to the 700p.

Any thoughts?
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    That is not a wise idea. You will run into problems if you do that. Do a quick search and you will see a lot of info on that. Your best bet is to do a fresh install of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
    Could someone tell me if they have had any experience with HotSyncing a new 700p straight to a 650 profile?
    Don't do it. There appear to be device specific files that if synced, will cause you tons of trouble. Bite the bullet and start from scratch, you'll be much happier in the end.
    Palm's website provides detailed information on upgrading from one model to another. Try looking in the Support tab.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    all i did was uninstall the 650 desktop, install the new 700 disk and sync'd.

almost everything is fine lol except for the phone crashing everytime I hit phone prefs lol

I can't narrow it down to a specific app either...

probably best off starting from scratch... contemplating the same ...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the feedback. Starting from scratch it is.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    When I up'd from the 650 to 700p it was an all day hassle. Had I done it properly it would have been a couple of hours. Take it from there. Ben
    additional question - do you blow up the 650 desktop and re-install the 700's sw? Can the 700 still have the same ID as long as you are not sync'ing to the 650's profile?
    With the latest desktop I sync a 600, 650 and 700p. I have yet to experience any problems other than cable once in a while with the 600. The 650, 700p and 700w are all sync'd using Bluetooth - the 700p & 700w never having had a USB cable attached.

Ben
    3 words...start from scratch.
    at&t iPhone3G