1.    #1  
    I've been reading this forum for a long time, so I decided to join. I did an archive search to try to find the answer to this question. I did find the question, but it was not answered:

Can I use iTunes to download movie/TV titles and play them on my Treo 700p? If so, do I need file conversion software, and what software will worik?

Thanks-
    b.ionian
    Kind of, not really. iTunes uses very compressed h264 codec (or is it mpeg4? whatever.) It's supported by TCMPM. But even overclocked 700p doesn't play it smoothly.

You can, however, download any regular divx or xdiv avi off the internet and will plays fine on the Treo.

It's annoying I know, iTunes has a very accessible distribution model.
    Last edited by whatever7; 10/07/2006 at 05:50 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Kind of, not really. iTunes uses very compressed h264 codec (or is it mpeg4? whatever.) It's supported by TCMPM. But even overclocked 700p doesn't play it smoothly.
    Thanks for the response. Do you, or anyone else know of any file conversion software that will work with this format? I am thinking of software called MacDrive 6 for Windows by Mediafour. I also understand there may be freeware which will do it. My interest is in downloading the files to my computer, then transfering them to my Treo. Any thoughts?
  4.    #4  
    You can, however, download any regular divx or xdiv avi off the internet and will plays fine on the Treo.
    Where does one find these formats?
    There are freeware alternatives, but I like pocket DVD studio. It converts a lot of video formats to divx movie that fits well on your treo (or other portable) screen.

http://www.pqdvd.com/watch_dvd_on_pocket_pc.html
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by b.ionian View Post
    Where does one find these formats?
    Assuming you are not being funny, you can find them on any p2p network. Bit Torrent, eMule, WinMX, LimeWire, Kazaa...whatever. How do you look for mp3 files on the internet?

Oh when I said "DIVX/XVID" video, I meant any .avi video.
    Last edited by whatever7; 10/08/2006 at 08:52 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Assuming you are not being funny, you can find them on any p2p network. Bit Torrent, eMule, WinMX, LimeWire, Kazaa...whatever. How do you look for mp3 files on the internet?
    I wasn't beinig funny- just ignorant. I am familiar with MP3's; I subscribe to Rhapsody. But the only pay-for service where I've found video is iTunes.