I apologise if this has already been answered but I searched and couldn't find anything for my particular problem. I'm a building contractor and not tech savy enough to figure this out on my own. My Verizon Treo 650 will not communicate with any bluetooth car kit or head unit (I'm looking at the Pioneer DEH-P9800BT) for more than 30 seconds. I tried this at a very good service oriented car stereo place and the bluetooth dropped the connection on all the head units and car kits they had in the store. I know there is a solution out there involving making a custom rom and installing it to make bluetooth work on a Verizon device. I'm also running a mac (macbook pro). Is there a solution out there for the mac? Something I could handle without being a programmer? The Treo 650 is just a continuation of many Palm devices I've had over the years and run in conjunction with my mac to run my business. I don't know why Verizon would disable a cool feature that would enable my truck to know that my phone is on and ready to receive/send calls, hands free/mute stereo, access phonebook, etc. If there is a link to a solution please let me know. If it's too complicated for me then I'd be willing to pay someone to do it for me.
Thanks in advance
Patrick