1.    #1  
    I plan to purchase Chatter today. I'm still up in the air, however, on the "best" solutions to consolidation. I have 4 Verizon DSL POP accounts and a Yahoo mail account that I want to forward to a single account for download to my Treo. From what I've read...suggestions if i'm wrong please...I want this single consolidation account to be IMAP in order to best take advantage of Chatter's "push". So here are my specific questions:

1. Best IMAP provider (i'll pay if its worth it) to use for consolidation?
    2. I know I can foward future emails from Verizon DSL, but is there a way to foward previous emails and folders form my Outlook 2003?
    3. Please confirm my understanding that those who send email to my various Verizon DSL accounts/alias will see no difference with the fact that their messages are forwarded to the consolidation account
    4. What happens when I respond via treo to one of these consolidated incoming emails.....does my reply come from the consolidated email account...and won't this confuse my senders when they see a reply from an addy they don't recognize? Is there a way to reply that makes it look like the reply came from Verizon POP account they sent their mail to?
    5. When originating a new email from my treo is there a way to have it appear that it comes from one of my Verizon POP accounts?

Essentially what I'm hoping is that I can use a consolidating email account to funnel emails through to my TREO 650 without having to change the email address the outside world is already used to using...both for incoming and outgoing messages.

Thanks for moving me "fast foward".

Treo Randy
    Hi, sorry about the delayed response...

1. everyone.net. I use it myself and offer 6 months free with addresses @emailtreo.com. Rock-solid reliability.

2. Not sure about that.

3. Yes, that's true if you configure it properly. What you'd want to do is create a folder on the IMAP server for each of the DSL accounts, and create a Mailbox in Chatter corresponding to them. Each of these Mailboxes can have its own SMTP Profile, so that replies to mail coming into those Mailboxes can have their own return addresses, signatures, etc.

4. See above.

5. Yes, just choose the appropriate SMTP Profile to send from (an option in every email).

Marc
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    Hi, sorry about the delayed response...

1. everyone.net. I use it myself and offer 6 months free with addresses @emailtreo.com. Rock-solid reliability.

2. Not sure about that.

3. Yes, that's true if you configure it properly. What you'd want to do is create a folder on the IMAP server for each of the DSL accounts, and create a Mailbox in Chatter corresponding to them. Each of these Mailboxes can have its own SMTP Profile, so that replies to mail coming into those Mailboxes can have their own return addresses, signatures, etc.

4. See above.

5. Yes, just choose the appropriate SMTP Profile to send from (an option in every email).

Marc
    Marc,

Great answers - this helped me out a bit as well!

I have the everyone.net account and it works great, although mine is @chatteremail.com and not emailtreo.com - as marc said, it is rock solid.

How do I set up "folder on the server" as you say? Currently I have 2 mailboxes in chatter - the .mac and the chatteremail. Are you saying I could have one and just make the smtp for the chatteremail mailbox be the .Mac smtp settings and get rid of the .Mac mailbox in chatter? That would help with duplicate emails.

Thanks
    Yes, you could do that. Basically, you'd want to use the "Rules" at the chatteremail.com email site to sort incoming mail into folders (based on the address to which the mail was sent). Then, you'd use "New Mailbox" in ChatterEmail to create new boxes that mirror those folders.

Marc
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Regarding your original issue #2 above. I had similar issues and what I did was to use my desktop email client.

I set up the client to connect to my IMAP account. Then I dragged all the old email messages that I wanted to have in the imap account to one of the imap folders.

That did it.
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon