1.    #1  
    I just purchased Doc to Go (Prof. edition) and it seemed great UNTIL i went to edit a spreadsheet on my PC. It would not accept any changes and stated that I performed an illegal operation. So, i then went to make the changes on my Visor--which went well UNTIL I tried to hot sync. and then the message was that it was a read only file and i could not access it. I could not edit this file from my PC, nor even delete this file or even rename it! It is now the File from Hell!! So, uninstalled Doc to Go, deleted it from my Visor and began all over. I now copied the data from the documents and gave them new names and then installed Doc. to Go again. The same thing happened!!! But, i made another Excel file and this did not happen. This is driving me crazy! Since this data is an attendance record/grade book, i will need the ability to do more than view (it is not set up as Sheet View only). Has anyone else had this problem? Please help! Doc. to Go would be a wonderful help to me if I could have confidence in it!
    Which version of Excel are you running? 2000 seems to cause more problems then Office 97 version so you might want to convert the file to the older format.

Also, be certain to read the documentation within the Docs to Go pro version....a lot of functions such as (if null then) commands will not function on the Visor/Palm platform and now the file becomes read-only on the Palm OS.

Docs to Go is great for viewing files but from editing viewpoint forget it.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for your reply. i did not use any commands as the spread sheet did not have any formulas--no math in it yet.
    i am using Excel 2000. how would i convert it to 97? According to the literature that came with it, you are supposed to be able to edit with this new version. I also have Quick Sheet, so maybe I should use that. I got rid of it because I thought Doc to Go could take care of both my Word and Excel documents.
    To change your default Excel to Office 97 save type go to the following menus:
    Tools, Options and then the Transition tab and go to the Save Excel file types and change it to Microsoft Excel 97-2000 file types.

Another point - be certain that you are using Office 2000 SR-1 this you can find by just checking under the help menu and choose about - it should read Microsoft Excel (9.0.442 SR-1) don't worry to much about the number just be certain that SR-1 is there. By the way this is on the top line. If you don't have this version then go to the Office 2000 update page and download it and several other patches that specifically will fix some Excel problems. Having problems editing on the PC lends me to believe that you might not have the latest version....you know MS....they don't always get it right the first time.

Ok, if all of that is there then I'd suggest that you reinstall Desktop to Go and be certain to shutdown all other programs during the installation. Use the Cntrl+Alt+Delete keys to initiate the Close Program box shutting down everything except Systray and Explorer and the Documents to Go installer.

I've seen Norton Antivirus and other programs that are in memory foul up installations.

I've used Documents to Go for some time and can't complain about it's use. I'm even beta testing the Adobe Acrobat add-in and it works for viewing without a hitch.

Editing can be a little nerve racking but if your using simple spreadsheets I've not encoutered the problems that you've stated.

Give the above suggestions a try and see what happens. I don't mean to sound elementary on the instructions - just informative since I don't know your level of experience.

Good luck.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  5.    #5  
    thank you for the time you took on this problem! i appreciate your very detailed and basic instructions. cannot be too elementary for me!!! this is what i need. a few years ago, i did not even know how to turn a computer on and now i am just fascinated with everything, but have much to learn. i work in different facilities so i must eliminate as much work on paper as possible. however, i do not have access to PC's in each office, so, if this works, it will be a godsend. especially if i can use it with my Stowaway keyboard. in the morning, i will give your suggestions a try. thanks again.