1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 is resetting randomly, and it seems to correspond to when I use DocsToGo, specifically the WordToGo component. Anyone heard of anything like this?

Thanks!
    Yes. Approach it from two points. #1, uninstall, reset and reinstall it. Then look at the amount of free memory you have and the amount of free db cache. Low values of either will cause instability. There are ways to work around it. Ben
    Get the Dataviz tool and run it and let it fix your installation and docs to go databases.
    DTG is great about that.. It crashes loading or saving a file and sometimes LOSES the file, HOSES its prefs, then crashes each launch. Good stuff.

The dataviz tool can clean up the mess, but it loses your DTG prefs and won't bring back lost files.

I very rarely use DTG for these reasons. Plus it takes EONS for it to find new files and it's slow to load/close.
    The tools do not clean up indexes or fix problems - that normally requires an uninstall/reset/reinstall. Ben
  6.    #6  
    Actually, their Web site does prescribe the dataviztech tool for the exact problem I'm having. I've followed the directions, so we'll see if it worked . I'll let y'all know.
    I had a miserable time with DTG resets and such on my 650, eventually just gave up on it. The dataviz tool is a miserable kludge - you still need available DBCache to run the program, and the 650 just doesn't have it. If DTG stays completely in RAM you have a decent shot at stability, but the downside is you won't be able to load much else into the device due to the lousy internal memory layout (thank you, Palm).

Either dedicate your 650 to DTG, or get a 700p (where it runs well IMHO). Running stuff like this off an external card is nearly hopeless.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    I had a miserable time with DTG resets and such on my 650, eventually just gave up on it. The dataviz tool is a miserable kludge - you still need available DBCache to run the program, and the 650 just doesn't have it. If DTG stays completely in RAM you have a decent shot at stability, but the downside is you won't be able to load much else into the device due to the lousy internal memory layout (thank you, Palm).

Either dedicate your 650 to DTG, or get a 700p (where it runs well IMHO). Running stuff like this off an external card is nearly hopeless.
    The 1.71FW fixes any dbcaches issues I've had with the 650.. Anything less and you're right, you almost have to soft reset before using DTG to get any reliable results from it.
  9.    #9  
    What's the "1.71FW"?
  10.    #10  
    'k. The DataViz Tech tool does not *solve* the problem. It alleviates it temporarily, but I soon tired of deleting, resetting, etc., every few days. May have to upgrade to a 700p.

Thanks everyone!
    Are you using a third party launcher, one that allows you to store the apps and their data files on the card? Using one will save you a lot of memory, memory that can be used by DTG. In addition, take a look at the db cache and ensure that you have enough to handle the application.

DTG runs on my 650, which at this time is sitting at 8.6mb free memory running ZLauncher. DTG excells on the 700p.

Ben