1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    What is the best way to convert .jar files into .prc format for the Treo 650?
    thanks,
    Phil
    The program you are looking for is called JarToPrc, command-line version(jartoprc.exe) and GUI version (jartoprc_w.exe).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Will that also work with .jad files, or other extensions associated with Treos? I'm new to the Treo extensions.
    thanks again,
    Phil
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,

I am a bit confused, perhaps someone could help. I am looking to open some files which are .jar extensions which I downloaded thinking they are programs I can use on the Treo 650. Is this true? Do I need to convert these to .prc or do these programs only work with an associated .jad file? If I can convert these, what is the simplest way? I am not writing any programs.
    thanks,
    Phil
    You can use just the jars if you are going to use the java launcher app. But you have to store it on the phone.

However, I always convert jars to prc, then move to card with Powerrun, and I save tons of space.

But did you even install the java program on the palm first? You get it from palm's site. Or else you cannot open .jars
  6.    #6  
    Hi,
    Which program?
    thanks,
    Phil
    java vm or something. You need to install that before you can run java of any kind.