1.    #1  
    I have a Treo P and bought a Jabra JX10 because it is light and fits in your ear, which i really like. My problem is, that for no apparent reason, the pairing will drop for no particular reason. I can have it sitting right next to me and it just will not work. I don't walk away and then come back, it does it when I have it in my pocket or even right next to me on the seat while driving.

I have to go back in and re-pair it everytime. As much as I like this headset, it's becoming very annoying.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    welcome to the club.....700p has many bluetooth issues(search the forums).truth is,,,the jx10 has been one that most folks have had the most success with..i have one and it drops occasionally but not near as often as the prior 6 bt headsets i tried with my 700p.do a soft reset and see if that helps...otherwise you must wait as we all are for the hpoeful firmware upgrade from palm to adress this and other issues
    I would have to agree with the above poster. I must of have gone through 5 differented BT Headsets and i have found the JX10 to be the best. It does drop out every once and a while but not nearly as bad as the rest of them i have tried.
    I have had my JX 10 for almost 24 hours. No drops yet. It is the fastest headset i have owned for my 650 or 700. so far, this is a real upgrade for me. (just got the 700p yesterday) and it is working fast and BT is awsome. works in my chrysler U connect system too.
    I have been using the JX-10 for months. At first I had some dropping issues until I started to realize that the problems came up after a couple days of use…without charging.

Since I have kept it charged I have no problems at all.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    try deleting the pairing, take the battery out of the treo to restart the phone, putting the battery back in after a few seconds. Place the Jabra in the charger for 10 seconds then take it out again (resets jabra) then repair the phone and headset...

Jabra jx 10 is the only headset that I have had with the 700p (and there were quite a few) that works consistantly, once I got the reset trick (described above) down pat. Only have to do that every couple of weeks, if at all now.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Aside from the BT bug (where if you turn off BT on the phone, you need to reset the Palm if you try and turn it back on again), my Motorola H3 hasn't had any problems since I got it. I don't know if it is the best or worst headset, but it works (as long as I don't turn off BT). I'd say return it and get a different unit. Life is way too short to try and figure out bugs, just get one that works.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    My Jabra JX10 pairs fine with my phone but when I make or receive a call I get no sound through the headset even though the screen on my phone shows that the headset is connected for the call. I know it's not the headset because I have tested it on other phones. I have put the headset on the charger to reset it, deleted the pairing and tried to repair, etc but nothing is working. Anyone found a workaround for this issue yet?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    try resetting the Palm
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I tried soft resets, hard resets and a lot of other stuff in the forums. I'm not sure if this did the trick but I paired the jx10 with my wife's phone then unpaired it and paired it back with my Treo and bam it works now. Overall though I really don't understand why the bluetooth implimentation on the Treo's is so poor.
    I have never had a bluetooth device that works with my 700P...I bought a jabra jx10 from this site based on the review...it just will not switch over..I hear nothing on the calls....on the reset..do you HAVE to take the battery out of the Treo...

Is there another bluetooth headset that works better?

This JX10 is $90 bucks..I might as well get a cheap one.
    KJAG,

Forgive my old brain - because I don't remember EXACTLY the minutiae
    that fixed the exact problem you have..

Read both the instructions for the JX10 and the 700p, the pairing instructions.

Something in there was very very subtle - a sequence - and if I got it out of
    sequence it would pair but the calls wouldn't come over. Once I paired it
    IN sequence, it worked like a charm and I haven't had to repair my JX10
    at all.. since this summer (I got one of the first 700p's).

I'm sure if you really look at the instructions (I can't even find my JX10 manual)
    you'll see what I mean.. something between the presses on the 700p and the
    press of the little button on the JX10.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I had your problem and I fixed it merely
    in the sequence of pairing.

Jim
    the other day i deleted the pairing on my jx10,i was showing a friend how to do it.then,i re paired it and couldnt hear the audio....i tried resets,repairing,...everything i could think of....was very frustrated.then i re read this thread and did the reset with the pulling of the battery...and now it works fine again!!!! for some reason pulling the battery does something different then a regular soft rest(i know this because it brings up the time screen and asks you to choose manual or network to set the clock), so i would suggest reading the poster who laid out the step by step that included pulling the battery and plugging in the jx10 for 10 seconds....for me this was the foolproof way to get it to work again.i still feel the jx10 is the only bt headset that is at all reliable.i tried 6 others and they disconnected after almost every call.the jx10 for the most part works as it is suppoosed to
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugley View Post
    My Jabra JX10 pairs fine with my phone but when I make or receive a call I get no sound through the headset even though the screen on my phone shows that the headset is connected for the call. I know it's not the headset because I have tested it on other phones. I have put the headset on the charger to reset it, deleted the pairing and tried to repair, etc but nothing is working. Anyone found a workaround for this issue yet?
    I have that happen whit my plantronic explorer headset too. It would work for a day and then next morning it seem to connect fine (headset icon show up on the screen) but when I take a call or place a call, there is no sound coming to the headset. That's really pissed me off. I think it's something to do with file associated with bluetooth somehow got corrupted ??? Because after I hard reset it would work fine again until I restore the phone from my back up ... anyone know if any program could be the culprit or what file I have to deleted ???

my program:

2day
    clockpop 5
    destaller
    dir assist
    resco explorer
    IBM java
    iskoot
    ludusP
    mino wireless
    nv backup
    opera mini
    palm vnc
    petite launch
    snapcalc
    snapdates
    treohelper
    tcpmp
    YAHM
    first of all this is commone all the bluetooth headsets. the Treo is very poor with any bluetooth devices. although there are certain steps you can take so that the disconnect happens less often. as long as you keep bluetooth on the phone on at al times, the headset should stay connected. if not just tap the button on the headset & it should connect right up. it's when I turn off the bluetooth on the Treo is when I see the problems where it will not connect. if I have to turn off bluetooth on treo, then after I turn it back on, I have to reset the treo in order to get the headset to connect again. if I follow these "rules" it is fine most of the time...