Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    is there still a way to get webviewer?

thanks, ron
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    anyone want to sell there webviewer?

thanks, ron
    pm me and i'll send you a copy of the .prc file.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    i never tried webview, but is that better than opera?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I'm familiar with Webviewer. I ran it on my old Blackberry 7100t. I am not, however, familiar with its Palm OS cousin. Could someone give me a comparable analysis to Blazer?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlv View Post
    anyone want to sell there webviewer?

thanks, ron
    I consider it a collector's item since you can't purchase it any more.

I dont think I could sell my Webviewer 4.0, I've had it for over 5 years now, I just keep passing my registration code everytime I update a device. It runs near perfect on my Treo 700p. It's absolutley one of the best if not the most advanced browser of its kind. It rivals even the newest mobile browsers available today. When all other browsers fail I can always count on Webviewer.

In case you you didn't know, Reqwireless the company responsible for
    developing Webviewer 4.0, was bought out some time ago by Google for a few million bucks. Supposedly Google wants the Reqwireless engineers to use thier talent to develop a possible new browser, making the web and web services available on mobile platforms. So you never know there might still be hope some day..... good luck maybe someone will sell you their registration number, just remember to exchange it on the Reqwireless website.
    ronlv, i'll send you the .prc later on today, good luck with the reg. code, I hope you can still get one.

Could you also send me webviewer? snoopy72 at hotmail dot com
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I must chime in and say that webviewer is not that good, every time I tried it (and on different Treos), it would hang in the fetching stage of the page retrieval process for a really long time. Once the page started coming in it was ok. Also, the interface is pretty basic and bleh.

And as for the Google hope, the only hope I see there is that Google will use those engineers to eventually release a free web browser. I'm saying, try not to pay for webviewer at this point.
    I don't particularly like this browser because although it renders pretty quick, it take forever to actually fetch the webpage as mentioned earlier in this thread, but for those that want to try it out, here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does anyone have the JAD/JAR?

I'd like to try it on the Treo 750.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)