Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was truly on the fence between Agendus Pro and DateBk6... each has pros and cons when compared to the other. No doubt that Agendus is more versatile and attractive, while DB6 is more intuitive and definitely faster.

    The clincher for me- Agendus destabilized my 700p- many more, much longer white screens of death, resets and crashes. 700p now working like a dream since I've revereted to DB6.
  2. #2  
    I have the opposite experience, DB6 was a nightmare on my 700p Sprint
    Treoing & Loving it
  3. #3  
    I tried Agendus once or twice and I agree that it was a stability nightmare. Despite the continuous spam I get from them, I'll never try Agendus again.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. aabshire's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #4  
    I use DB6 on my 700p with no problems and I love it!!
  5. #5  
    I was a long time fan of Agendus/Action Names until I bought a 650. I tried versions 8, 9, 10 and now 11 and I can't believe how unstable and buggy it is. Every version seems to be worse. Check out their support forums if you doubt me.

    Although I liked the look and functionality of Agendus best, I switched to Datebk 6. Even in beta it was way, way more stable than Adendus.
  6. #6  
    DateBk6 rocks!
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  7. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #7  
    must be one of the lucky ones am having NO issues with Agendus pro.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    must be one of the lucky ones am having NO issues with Agendus pro.
    Currently running 11.04, I have had zero issues with it. Prior to getting the 700P, version 11.01 would crash my Kyocera 7135 when viewing a contact with an established relationship to another contact. No problems whatsoever on the 700P
  9. #9  
    havent had any issues with agendus pro, since v10 im on a 700p sprint
  10. #10  
    Big fan of DB6
  11. #11  
    Love/hate Agendus. Been using it forever, too embedded to switch back to DB for both my wife and myself at this point....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  12. #12  
    DateBk6 I've been a user since the DateBk3 days and can't recommend it enough.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob View Post
    I was a long time fan of Agendus/Action Names until I bought a 650. I tried versions 8, 9, 10 and now 11 and I can't believe how unstable and buggy it is. Every version seems to be worse. Check out their support forums if you doubt me.

    Although I liked the look and functionality of Agendus best, I switched to Datebk 6. Even in beta it was way, way more stable than Adendus.
    YMMV. I've been using AN/Agendus since version...4 or so and have had little to no problems with it. I usually don't upgrade until .01 or .02. I tried Datebk6 and found it useful, but, as with anything else, your mind gets lazy about learning new ways to do old things...well, mine does.

    David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  14. #14  
    I've been using Agendus for a long time, first on my 650, and then on my 700p, and it's been great. Not a single problem with it.

    I own DB5 too, but didn't like the look of it as much as Agendus...

    So far as stability problems--NONE with Agendus.
  15. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #15  
    I've been using Agendus since it was Action Names as well, have weathered all of the bugs and issues and forced beta-testing over the years with Iambic and I still love the app. It has grown significantly since the early days and it now does pretty much everything I need it to do.


    SMEGGIE
  16. #16  
    http://support.iambic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

    This is a very active forum. There are more bug reports on Agendus than on the entire 700p!

    Seriously, good for you guys that haven't experienced the problems but I have seen tens of bugs, major bugs, in several versions on 4 or 5 different Palm devices. It has been horrible.
  17. #17  
    I haven't used Agendus since v9 & my T600, just started again yesterday. Nothing but re-sets everytime I try to set up a wallpaper! What gives? Everything seems to work fine, but when I go to wallpaper, I try to choose a pic, Bam! Re-set! Everytime....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I haven't used Agendus since v9 & my T600, just started again yesterday. Nothing but re-sets everytime I try to set up a wallpaper! What gives? Everything seems to work fine, but when I go to wallpaper, I try to choose a pic, Bam! Re-set! Everytime....
    I've never found the Agendus wallpaper (or pretty much *any* Palm wallpaper) of much use over the years. The screens are too small and the wallpaper graphics just interfere with the readability of the fonts no matter what. Plus, loading a graphic into memory all the time only adds a performance and stability hit to the CPU and RAM.

    Agendus is one of those programs I love and hate. Back in the monochrome days it was outstanding at making important parts of my daily plan stand out, without needing to sort through unimportant information. As color screens came on, Agendus added eye candy and more features. With the addition of network capability, Agendus began pushing the envelope and has added some pretty interesting features - far beyond what I regularly use.

    The downside - their .00, .01, .02 versions *always* have some redrawing and other bugs that they eventually fix. I rarely have crashes - just minor annoying behavior that causes no permanent DB damage. By the time they fix the bugs - they've released yet *another* version and expect you to pay an "upgrade" fee in order to continue receiving support (they don't support "previous" versions).

    Now, Iambic just released a separate program called "Your Call" which would normally be bolted onto Agendus (and hence be the excuse for yet another full upgrade excuse). Perhaps Iambic is starting to reconsider their regular milking of existing customers and just offer their "significant" improvements as optionally purchased programs, rather than require a full upgrade for everyone every 6-12 months just to continue receiving support. BTW - "Your Call" is an interesting program for smartphones - I may buy it too! (though I'm sure in 5 months they'll want another 5 bucks to pay for it's update ... ummm err.... "upgrade"!).

    Bottom line - Iambic does a pretty good programming job and makes some interesting and useful programs - but they are cutting edge and hence sometimes beta-quality, and you can expect to have them dipping into your wallet about an additional $10-20 bucks a year if you want continued support.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    I've never found the Agendus wallpaper (or pretty much *any* Palm wallpaper) of much use over the years. The screens are too small and the wallpaper graphics just interfere with the readability of the fonts no matter what. Plus, loading a graphic into memory all the time only adds a performance and stability hit to the CPU and RAM.

    Agendus is one of those programs I love and hate. Back in the monochrome days it was outstanding at making important parts of my daily plan stand out, without needing to sort through unimportant information. As color screens came on, Agendus added eye candy and more features. With the addition of network capability, Agendus began pushing the envelope and has added some pretty interesting features - far beyond what I regularly use.

    The downside - their .00, .01, .02 versions *always* have some redrawing and other bugs that they eventually fix. I rarely have crashes - just minor annoying behavior that causes no permanent DB damage. By the time they fix the bugs - they've released yet *another* version and expect you to pay an "upgrade" fee in order to continue receiving support (they don't support "previous" versions).

    Now, Iambic just released a separate program called "Your Call" which would normally be bolted onto Agendus (and hence be the excuse for yet another full upgrade excuse). Perhaps Iambic is starting to reconsider their regular milking of existing customers and just offer their "significant" improvements as optionally purchased programs, rather than require a full upgrade for everyone every 6-12 months just to continue receiving support. BTW - "Your Call" is an interesting program for smartphones - I may buy it too! (though I'm sure in 5 months they'll want another 5 bucks to pay for it's update ... ummm err.... "upgrade"!).

    Bottom line - Iambic does a pretty good programming job and makes some interesting and useful programs - but they are cutting edge and hence sometimes beta-quality, and you can expect to have them dipping into your wallet about an additional $10-20 bucks a year if you want continued support.
    Great point, and thanks for your information. I agree, on my old 600 with v9 just kicked ****, no problems at all. version 11.04 looks great, working fine, except the pic thing. Not to big a deal I guess, because I can change the background color fine.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Not to big a deal I guess, because I can change the background color fine.
    Yah - the background colors are somewhat useful, especially in deliniating catagories, but I've yet to find a wallpaper picture that doesn't make the viewing experience worse. It's a nice gimmick, though.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions