1.    #1  
    Help...I have a 700P and Volvo BT Motorola IHF1000 Car Kit. All sound is supposed to come thru the car's speakers. The car kit works fine with other BT phones. When I am connected to the car kit and use it to dial out, the car kit is mute -- I can only hear the call thru the 700. I have not checked to see if I can hear incoming calls on the car kit.

This is a new problem. I have done both a soft and hard reset with the 700. I have looked at all the 700 menus to see if I've thrown a switch that mutes the car kit. I didn't find anything.
    Ozzie
    I have the IHF1000 and Treo 700p (and Treo 700w). I have found the Treo 700p has more issues with BT than the Treo 700w not surprising at times. I have had to delete the paired phone on the IHF1000 side, delete pairings on the Treo side but the one issue I have is I must leave BT on in order to connect everytime otherwise I must soft reset each time if BT was off then back on. I would say start with both the IHF1000 profile deleted and and the Treo 700p profile and go fro there.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the reply. I have been leaving the BT on all the time. I did a hard reset. Went to the car and after pairing and removing all phones multiple times, I was able to make and receive calls. I have now done a hotsync to restore the data to the treo (PC over riding Treo) and am heading back to the car and home to see if it still works.

When you said to delete the IHF1000 profile, did you mean "remove all phones"? I only know how to delete pairings by using the commands in the car kit system.

Thanks again
    Ozzie
    I have the 700P paired with a Volvo installed IHF 1000 and it works well. There have been a few occaisions where I disabled bluetooth on the phone when not in the car and enabled it whiled paired in the car. it is paired, dials but sound comes out of phone and not speaker. When this happens, I remove the battery for a few seconds and once replaced all it working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildavi View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I have been leaving the BT on all the time. I did a hard reset. Went to the car and after pairing and removing all phones multiple times, I was able to make and receive calls. I have now done a hotsync to restore the data to the treo (PC over riding Treo) and am heading back to the car and home to see if it still works.

When you said to delete the IHF1000 profile, did you mean "remove all phones"? I only know how to delete pairings by using the commands in the car kit system.

Thanks again
    Ozzie
    Correct, I use the voice command of remove all phones.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by art3410 View Post
    I have the 700P paired with a Volvo installed IHF 1000 and it works well. There have been a few occaisions where I disabled bluetooth on the phone when not in the car and enabled it whiled paired in the car. it is paired, dials but sound comes out of phone and not speaker. When this happens, I remove the battery for a few seconds and once replaced all it working fine.
    Thanks Art. The above worked! It got the incoming sound back into the car speakers.

I still find that every other day the system does not work and I have to start from the beginning to get it to work. If anyone has any ideas about this, please pass them along.
    TIA
    oz
  7.    #7  
    Well another two weeks have passed. I have only had to delete all phones and pair the 700P with the Volvo BT one time! On starting the car, it has quickly "connected" the phone. Everyday but one, hitting the car kit button has taken me to "main menu" and I've been able to make and receive calls. On one day, I ended up in "set-up menu" and was able to get to "main menu" by saying "connect phone one".

If it continues to function at this level, I'll be happy. Still thinking that Parot is an option but I hate dumping more $$$ into this.

I remain, with diminished expectations,
    ozzie
    Have you continued to have good luck with the IHF 1000?
  9.    #9  
    My Verizon 700 usually works with my Volvo car kit. By "usually" I mean that it usually automatically recognizes the phone and takes me to "main menu" when I mash the blue button. When this does not happen, it takes me to "set-up menu" and I have to say "connect phone one". At that point it can take several minutes to say "connect phone one". At that point I get impatient and I pull the battery and replace it. It goes thru the rebooting process and then says "phone one connected".

There are also times when it says "phone one connected" and then it drops the connection when you try to use the phone. Go figure............

Keeping the phone at least 2/3's charged seems to improve the connection and the odds of going straight to "main menu" when you enter the car and in staying connected.

Wildavi