1.    #1  
    If you use either of the two popular voice dialing software - VoiceDialIt and VoiceDial, do you use it all the time?

How good is the one you use?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    I use voicesignal on the treo650 all the time.

and Microsoft Voice Command on the xv6700
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Waremaster View Post
    I use voicesignal on the treo650 all the time.
    How accurate is it in recognizing the names you want to call? Do you have to repeat yourself a few times?

Did you have to train it for all your contacts?
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGS View Post
    How accurate is it in recognizing the names you want to call? Do you have to repeat yourself a few times?

Did you have to train it for all your contacts?

I use it all the time.

No training.

Very accurate - especially with a headset. Great for hands-free use while driving.
    Bought VoiceDialIt a long time ago. It kinda works. Many times it will dial the wrong contact. Other times it will not recognize. It does repeat your voice for you after you say a contact name and the problem seems to be that it doesn't record all of your voice - it will either miss the beginning or the end of what you say, and I think this is the cause of the problem.

Since then I started using the voice dialer built-in to Initiate. It uses VoiceDialIt (internally) to do its bidding and has the same issues for me.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Bought VoiceDialIt a long time ago. It kinda works. Many times it will dial the wrong contact. Other times it will not recognize. It does repeat your voice for you after you say a contact name and the problem seems to be that it doesn't record all of your voice - it will either miss the beginning or the end of what you say, and I think this is the cause of the problem.

Since then I started using the voice dialer built-in to Initiate. It uses VoiceDialIt (internally) to do its bidding and has the same issues for me.
    Do you wait for the "beep"? I've used the VoiceSignal product for 2 years, and have never had an issue. No training, works fantastically. Only problem is in noisy environments. Better yet, there is an update available on their website that adds the ability to launch applications by voice command.

-B
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
    Do you wait for the "beep"? I've used the VoiceSignal product for 2 years, and have never had an issue. No training, works fantastically. Only problem is in noisy environments. Better yet, there is an update available on their website that adds the ability to launch applications by voice command.

-B
    Is this the same software you are referring to http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&prodID=121678 ?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Are there any currently availible for the PalmOS that allow you to use a bluetooth headset?

I can usually look up a contact faster than I can say it (using TakePhone) and the last time I used a voice dialing application that worked well was on Windows Mobile using MS's VoiceCommand.

I'd be really interested in a voice dialing solution that uses bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post

-B
    Agreed 100%. I tried both of the others mentioned above, then VoiceSignal. With the release of the 2.x series, it's even better. No training, unreal accuracy, and just plain easy - for $19.95, I would think it's impossible to do better.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Agreed 100%. I tried both of the others mentioned above, then VoiceSignal. With the release of the 2.x series, it's even better. No training, unreal accuracy, and just plain easy - for $19.95, I would think it's impossible to do better.

David
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Can it be installed on an SD card?
    No, it has to be in main memory in order to work when needed. Ben
    Just another vote for Voice Dial by VoiceSignal. (I wish the different companies would use more distinct names for their products; it's very hard to know which product someone is talking about.) Anyway, not only is no training required so that you can voice dial anyone on your contacts list and it's quite accurate, I have found that it works pretty well even for my kids as well as people with foreign accents. It doesn't always work for launching applications because the name displayed by Launcher is not always the same as the name VoiceDial "sees." Still, $20 very well spent.

As many other threads have discussed, supposedly there is no way to voice dial through a bluetooth headset because of a hardware limitation - though it doesn't make sense to me (if bluetooth audio can be routed to/from the phone after starting a call, why not before?) You would think if it were possible someone would have done it by now - said person would become more popular on this board than shadowmite or mmastrac!