1.    #1  
    Did i read June Fabric's website correctly? They charge $19 to upgrade from the 650 to 700P version? What a rip!!!!

What other options are there? USB Modem? Where to get it...how much.

edit.. I thought i read USB modem was freeware...i see it for sale at $24.95.

any performance differences between PDANET and USB Modem. If i have to spend money i will do a reevaluation...
    Those two are it. Test it well before buying and buyer beware - no refunds from them. Ben
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just purchased USBmodem and I really like it. I been able to configure both USB and Bluetooth and they both work very well. USB is faster of course, but I have bluetooth set up just in case I don't have the USB cable. It is my understanding USBmodem does not charge for upgrades. good luck.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I use PDANET with my 700P and have been very happy with the results. It has saved-my-*** a couple of times now when traveling. I haven't tried USBmodem but my guess is that they both work similarly.

SMEGGIE
  5.    #5  
    thanks, i am a PDA NET customer too (maybe not anymore) on my 650. I bugs me to pay for the same program for the 700. $19 seems high too. if it was $5 or so then okay. If USB Modem does not charge for upgrades i am going with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    I use PDANET with my 700P and have been very happy with the results. It has saved-my-*** a couple of times now when traveling. I haven't tried USBmodem but my guess is that they both work similarly.

SMEGGIE
  6.    #6  
    june fabrics just lost a customer and all of you should jump to USBMode...
    http://www.mobile-stream.com

Free Upgrades for a PALM 5.x devices
    here is the email from customer service for them../

All upgrades are free. This includes the upgrade from Treo 600/650 to 700p as well as to any future PalmOS 5.x-based device (i.e. Treo 680 or whatever its name is).
    --
    Best regards,
    Mobile Stream Support,
    http://www.mobile-stream.com
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    You sure are thrifty for someone named 'Bling'.

SMEGGIE
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Why would anyone use these products? I mean the function is built right into the phone, no? I guess maybe it would have use if you are using a USB connection on a 650, but the 700P is built right in as far as I know.

FYI, I myself use a BT connection for dial-up.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Why would anyone use these products? I mean the function is built right into the phone, no? I guess maybe it would have use if you are using a USB connection on a 650, but the 700P is built right in as far as I know.

FYI, I myself use a BT connection for dial-up.
    The tethering 'function' is built into the phone...if you pay for it. These two apps circumvent the 'payin' for it' part. I choose not to pay for something I will only use sporadically & minimally at best. (e.g. emergencies)

SMEGGIE
  10.    #10  
    edit....deleted on purpose
    Last edited by bling300c; 10/06/2006 at 03:50 PM.
  11.    #11  
    if you fell like sendnig me some cash i will give you my pay pal so i can be less thrifty.

oh, bling is accepted too

You sure are thrifty for someone named 'Bling'.

SMEGGIE
    I use the hack on my 700p sprint and it is free and extremely reliable
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c View Post
    if you fell like sendnig me some cash i will give you my pay pal so i can be less thrifty.

oh, bling is accepted too
    Sorry pal,

I don't fell like sendnig you anything.

SMEGGIE
  14.    #14  
    well maybe you will FEEL like it then

Sorry pal,

I don't fell like sendnig you anything.

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The tethering 'function' is built into the phone...if you pay for it. These two apps circumvent the 'payin' for it' part. I choose not to pay for something I will only use sporadically & minimally at best. (e.g. emergencies)

SMEGGIE
    Is it a 700P? If so there is a "Tethered Mode Hack" which does the same thing, yet free.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    I use the hack on my 700p sprint and it is free and extremely reliable
    Eggactly.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Is it a 700P? If so there is a "Tethered Mode Hack" which does the same thing, yet free.
    Yeah, works both ways. As long as it works when I need it to work, I'm down wit it.

SMEGGIE