Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ok,
    my 650 worked fine in my M.... connected every time I got in the car, never disconnected... showed everything on screen of the car, ie caller id signal strenght etc.

now 1 day with the 700p... and it's ridiculous.... doesn't connect automatically to bt of the M.. have to hit the phone button every time...
    and worst of all it shows the wrong caller id every time a call comes in....

not what I expected after $500 to upgrade.. thinking about going back to 650...just for the bt issues alone.. at least until they come out with a patch or firmware update... even then, maybe it'll work, maybe it won't..

anyone else having similar issues??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    i have had zero problems with my 700p and my camry. as far as the wrong number, i usually get the last number called. that is by design. the camry (or maybe the 700p) will not show the current number if you are moving in the car. if you stop, the correct number is displayed.

it's a new safety feature.
    I have had just the opposite experience. When I went from the 650 to the 700P, the bt connection improved in my M. It connects much sooner and much more reliably.

I have had a couple of instances where it displayed the wrong caller id, but they have been isolated.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for you. Just wanted you to know that there is at least one M owner who has good luck with the 700P.
    chrysler u connect is fine. callid show caller's number and even signal strenght. I wish i could transfer the phone book but that is not implemented on the 700p
    419 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndsc View Post
    I have had just the opposite experience. When I went from the 650 to the 700P, the bt connection improved in my M. It connects much sooner and much more reliably.

I have had a couple of instances where it displayed the wrong caller id, but they have been isolated.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for you. Just wanted you to know that there is at least one M owner who has good luck with the 700P.
    Interesting, thank you for your input.
    Mine is connecting fine and working great, except for the wrong number on the navi screen... It's very dissapointing IMO, my 650 was right on and now I've noticed it does show the caller ID, but it is the last number that called.
    What sucks about that, and I don't see how that has anything to do with safety, is that now I have to pick up the treo to see who is really calling... kind of defeats the purpose of having it on the car screen, don't you think?

I'm hoping they come with a update or patch that will correct this, I can't imagine it is done on design, especially when my 650 was ok and other people with other new cars have it correct.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*