Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    This is repeatable: trying to change the color on a calendar category causes a Fatal Exception in calendar.

Predictably, there's nothing about this on the Palm support site.

Anyone seen this? Have any ideas?
    had the problem too. sometimes i just get lucky and nothing happens. what i do now is edit a few categories and hit ok. then go back into it again that way if it does crash i dont lose all of my progress.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Sadly, mine crashes on the first one - can't get anything done.

How many categories do you have in there? I've got 14 - I wonder if that's part of the problem.
    i have 7 categories
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I deleted one of my categories, and now it works fine...
    My fiance just got a 680 and is having the exact same issue. I don't think she even added more than two before it would crash.
    It may be time for hard reset and re-installing applications. On a 650 (and 680, I suspect), the standard Applications launcher stores it's data in psysLaunchDB.PDB
    That file is probably corrupted. Try to restore it from an old backup (you may have to do that after a warm reset). If that doesn't work .. hard reset and re-install.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Except the issue here is only in the Calendar app. I verified this on the 680 in question with #*377. Is the launcher db used for other sorts of categories for some reason? Also, the only content on the Treo was outlook data synced following taking it out of the box.
    Ah, sorry. I missed that this was a problem with Categories in Calendar and not Applications.

For all Calendar problems ... run dbScan.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A