Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How do memos link to contacts? I don't seem to understand how this works or is activated. The title of the memo is the contact name, but how does it link to the contact record?
    There are "Memos" as exist in the native memos application (and embellished with GUI stuff through Agendus) and there are "Notes" in Tasks, Contacts, Meetings, Calls. Notes are not connected to Memos, although it is possible to link via hyperlinks.
    yourcall 2.0 is out with professional version has just been released by iambic for the palm OS.

It looks like it is a major update with a large increase in functionality. I have not tried it yet. Here is the info page:

http://www.iambic.com/yourcall/palmos/default.asp
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    one thing i noticed is the call timer, when you are on a call and you hit the nav button in any direction once it doesn't count up anymore, it just refreshes to the current call time anytime you move the nav button again. but if you don't press the nav button it just stays at whatever the timer was at when you first hit it.
    Last edited by edubz; 08/15/2007 at 03:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    seem to be getting another issue, when i block my home number and call the caller id shows my friend is calling but no city info. when i unblock it goes through normal, although the city info is off by about 20 miles. i thought it be clashing with call block, since call block should have made it so the blocked call would not go through at all. but i disabled that and same issue.
    Last edited by edubz; 08/14/2007 at 11:38 PM.
    This looks like a really nice app.

How about the option(s) to automatically have an SMS response for incoming calls and/or SMS messages for a given length of time?
    YourCall 2.02 beta was released Monday but it still has compatibility and stability problems.

Lots of crashes and features advertised but do not work.

MANY of us are very anxious for them to get all this worked out because it does appear to be a nice app with cool features.

I am still using 1.62 and I will upgrade to 2.0x Pro when it is stable and all features work.

You may want to read their forums and threads on www.iambic.com first.
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    I've been using 2.0 Pro since it came out, and it works just nicely. There is an issue (and its random) where I can get a call, and if I hit speakerphone before YourCall Pro takes over that it can crash my 680, but other than that its pretty solid.

The in call screen needs work though, way too many buttons.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    YourCall has a lot of problems. It doesn't play nice with other apps, such as TakePhone. When I deleted, the number of crashes decreased substantiallly. YourCall also prevented me from hitting the preprogammed buttons for accessing my voicemail accounts. Finally, it is hard to enter someone's name when you hit a voicemail box, unless you remember which numbers stand for which letters. (I don't). So if I have dial someone's name, I prefer to use the onscreen dial pad rather than the Treo keyboard (the onscreen dial pad is easier to read and has the letter associated with the numbers).

So, I would wait on YourCall until they improve it and reduce the conflicts.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    I tried this software. Looks very nice, but it is alfa version (sorry but it's true). I had to delete because, it has many, many bugs. I have to wait for a true version. Waiting for try again at the future.

Quote Originally Posted by wink100 View Post
    YourCall has a lot of problems. It doesn't play nice with other apps, such as TakePhone. When I deleted, the number of crashes decreased substantiallly. YourCall also prevented me from hitting the preprogammed buttons for accessing my voicemail accounts. Finally, it is hard to enter someone's name when you hit a voicemail box, unless you remember which numbers stand for which letters. (I don't). So if I have dial someone's name, I prefer to use the onscreen dial pad rather than the Treo keyboard (the onscreen dial pad is easier to read and has the letter associated with the numbers).

So, I would wait on YourCall until they improve it and reduce the conflicts.
    I have tried both Yourcall Standard and Yourcall Pro, and I have decided to stick with Standard. Though you can do more in-call with Pro, I never do that anyway. Plus, Pro seems much more buggy and crashable, and half the "features" don't even seem to be activated (i.e., I press the button to access the app or task in-call and nothing ever happens).

The one feature I wish they'd add is a post-call preference where you can specify a SPECIFIC APP for Yourcall to return to. Right now, you can have it return to itself (I believe) or to the default phone app. I use UltimatePhone by Gx5, and I would REALLY like Yourcall to send me back to UP instead of just dumping out to the default phone app WHICH I HATE (Treo 700p here, BTW)...

Anyone heard of any plans for this in an update?
    What's new in version 2.1

New Features

* During Call: Added the ability to take notes while on a call by entering text in the Quick Action field. Each "new note" button press will capture the text and append it to the current call's note in Agendus' "Agenda Walkthrough" compatible format.

Improvements and Functionality Refinements

* Added full support for the Palm Centro smartphone (incoming, during and after call management)
    * Added new preference panel called 'After Call' and moved 'Return to default dialer' and 'Auto-dismiss' from the General Pref panel to this new panel
    * During Call: Corrected Screen lock button not appearing when two calls are active
    * During Call: Corrected extraneous characters appearing on some records when searching in the Quick Filter field
    * During Call: Addressed cursor focus being redirected to Quick Action when in Quick Filter and then attempting to type a key on the phone that shares both a numeric and alpha character or */#
    * During Call: Corrected phone ringing as normal when a second call arrives while on a call, instead of emitting a soft tone
    * After Call: Corrected wrong caller information appearing in some instances on the After Call dialog upon call termination
    Sprint Palm Pre
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123