Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't usually make a note of new releases here, but the latest versions of ChatterEmail (2.1 and later) have options that dramatically improve battery life for many users - up to 40-50% savings in some cases. (The main performance enhancement is the default for new users.)

Since many people are concerned about battery life, I thought the new version would be of general interest.

Marc
    Ok. if we are on 2.1.3+ then we must be almost current? Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Ok. if we are on 2.1.3+ then we must be almost current? Ben
    Correct, according to the website, 2.1.3+ is the latest version and 2.2b1 is the latest beta.
  4.    #4  
    I meant 2.1 and later (when the enhancements were first released).... Indeed, 2.1.3+ is the latest stable version.

Marc
    And I thought I was running the latest beta - well, that has been changed! I forgot, I upgraded the 650 not the 700p. My wife loves your program.

I am now back to the beta series.

Ben
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My battery life really is poor, most i can get is 14 hours. I use Verizon DSL so I need to use POP3, what are the optimum settings to assure that my battery life is optimum?

thanks
  7.    #7  
    If you're just using POP3, battery life should be the same as if you were using any other email application. How often do you sync?

Marc
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    every 15 minutes.

I know there are some settings in Chatter that can enhance battery life, any suggestions?
  9.    #9  
    "Latency... more" in the Performance prefs.

Marc
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Ever since installing Chatter a long time ago, there has been a delay in turning the screen on and off. Sometimes I couldn't get the screen to turn off at all without pressing the button multiple times. This problem appears to be gone now. Was this an added benefit of the power-consumption fixes or am I imagining things?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    If you're just using POP3, battery life should be the same as if you were using any other email application. How often do you sync?

Marc
    I also have noticed a GREAT improvement in battery life - THANK YOU!

I have a question - I can use an exchange server (4smartphone) or my Chatteremail address to forward my .Mac mail to; they both work fine, but I only want to use one. My question is: Which is better for battery life and performance?

The Exchange Mailbox constantly reads: "Listening" and the Chatteremail mailbox has an envelope - what's the difference? Do you have an opinion as to which will work better with the Treo and Chatteremail?

Robe
  12.    #12  
    IMAP push is more data/battery efficient than EX push in most cases.

Marc
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    IMAP push is more data/battery efficient than EX push in most cases.

Marc
    Great - Thanks; I still will use the exchange for cal/contacts but use my chatteremail address for email.

Robe
    Mark - I purchased Chattermail recently (last two or three weeks). Two questions, am I entitled to the 2.1.3 version (I have version 2.0.5+). If so, do I just go to your website and download and load it in on top of the older version?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg View Post
    Mark - I purchased Chattermail recently (last two or three weeks). Two questions, am I entitled to the 2.1.3 version (I have version 2.0.5+). If so, do I just go to your website and download and load it in on top of the older version?
    Thanks
    Updates are free. Download and enjoy.
    I meant 2.1 and later (when the enhancements were first released).... Indeed, 2.1.3+ is the latest stable version.

Marc
    And it still has the bug with the sleep function too.
    Ok, I use the sleep function between 10p and 5:45 a.m. and it is going to bed and getting up like it should. Ben
    I use the sleep function too and its working fine for me on 2.1.1+. I am about to upgrade to beta 2.2b5, so we'll see how sleep works on it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I use the sleep function similar to bclinger and have not had a problem with its functionality in any of the released or beta products, including beta 2.2b5.
    I have it sleep from 10p to 6a every day. Its the only way to even possibly wake up with some battery left if I forget to charge the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast