1.    #1  
    I know it's probably a dumb question but asked anyhow....
    It's not a stupid question at all. Do a search here and you will find some threads on running Linux on the 650. It works partially and is a work in progress.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Or does he mean ALP?

If it's the latter, too early to tell, though usually those kind of upgrades are rare (they'd rather sell you a new device).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Well if they offer the ability to update, that would be a VERY GOOD reason to buy a 700p. :-)
    And you really think they would? I have not looked at the 650 Linux but it sounds like some folks hacking at it. Palm is in the hardware business, you want the latest, you buy new device. That's the way they have always been even when they owned POS.
    I would have to say that it would be a BIG show of appreciation of loyalty to the customers that bought treo with palm O.S's if they made the new linux os available to people would bought treos with a soon to be obsolete os .Hell I'd even pay for the software upgrade..
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    I think the bigger question is, will the treo 700p EVER see a firmware upgrade?
    Officially? I am going to go out on a limb and say no.

Phones that can upgrade from wm2003se never got the official upgrade because its a support nightmare.
  9.    #9  
    Not even a firmware update for the 700p? Should I just get a 700w instead? Too bad Verizon don't carry the 700wx...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Officially? I am going to go out on a limb and say no.

Phones that can upgrade from wm2003se never got the official upgrade because its a support nightmare.
    Not true: Axims x50v, HP iPAQ hx4700, Verizon Samsung i730 all got an offiical upgrade.

But I do agree you'll never see ALP on a 700p (and at this rate, on a Palm device period till they actually ink a deal with Access).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter