1.    #1  
    I just bought a 4 GB SD card online. The card says 4 GB on the front of the card, but when I plug it into my Treo 650, The treo says it's only 1.7 GB. Is there a limit to the amount of data that the 650's card slot can see on a card? My Treo is thru earthlink if that makes a difference. I also was asked to format the card when I inserted it. Or could this be a problem with the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by deviladv View Post
    I just bought a 4 GB SD card online. The card says 4 GB on the front of the card, but when I plug it into my Treo 650, The treo says it's only 1.7 GB. Is there a limit to the amount of data that the 650's card slot can see on a card? My Treo is thru earthlink if that makes a difference. I also was asked to format the card when I inserted it. Or could this be a problem with the card?
    You need to modify your ROM to be able to read 4GB cards. Nothing wrong with your Treo, by default, it cannot read 4GB cards unless they are formatted with FAT32 file system. However the Treo does not know about the FAT32 file system unless you modify the ROM to allow that.

Read the thread in this forum titled "Custom ROM tricks and Tips" http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=110386.
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    Without FAT32, 2 GB is the most addressable memory for an SD card in a Treo 650. If you don't feel like mucking around with a custom ROM, I suggest you return the card and get a 2 GB one.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer View Post
    Without FAT32, 2 GB is the most addressable memory for an SD card in a Treo 650. If you don't feel like mucking around with a custom ROM, I suggest you return the card and get a 2 GB one.
    I can't even get my 2GB cards working in mine http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125322 !
    Unlocked Rogers GSM Treo 650, PalmOS V5.40017, Firmware: 01.71, Software: Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Modded and hacked! Custom ROM - removed RealPlayer, Todo, Tasks, Versamail, Tips, World Clock, Launcher. Added support for FAT32 SD cards.
    Software: PDAbs, Backup.NET, Uninstall Manager, Card Reader, FileZ, Power RUN, DateBk5, DocumentsToGo, HandZipper, Chatter, TakePhone, Technician, Voice Dial, TCPMP, SpashPhoto, Insaniquarium, Memory Master, Sol Free, Palma Sutra
    SliverGS, try reformatting the card in your Treo. I had some issues until I did this a couple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer View Post
    SliverGS, try reformatting the card in your Treo. I had some issues until I did this a couple times.
    Tried that too, to no avail.
  7.    #7  
    Okay So I used the link and I'm trying to start up the custom ROM thing. This custom ROM stuff is AWESOME so yes I will try

However, My PC is giving me fits. I can start my treo in bootloader mode, and Windows sees an unspecified device. But then when I try to have XP "Update" my driver, I point it to the 650Bootloader.inf but it refuses to recognize it. My error is "Unable to find information about your device driver" or somesuch.

I found the DPinst.exe in the bootloader drivers and ran it to see if that made a difference and the installer says the install failed because the driver was unsigned.

Ideas? TIA!