1.    #1  
    I'd like to turn my Treo 650 to execute Windows Mobile 5.0 PocketPC, like a Treo 700... The Hardware of both is the same, except for the screen resolution (in the 700 is poor them 650) and the internal memory. Somebody knows as I can make this change? Is this possible??

[],
    Tks
    I have seen this post in the last few weeks and I do not think it can be done from what I have heard on this question.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Here is a link that I found on a SEARCH...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ows+mobile+650
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I agree to the icon.. to Windows Mobile
    Quite simply put....NO
    Different chip, so WM is a no-go on the 650.
    That's like putting a VW Bug engine in a Porsche.
    I think you should just buy a WM Treo and save yourself the trouble of trying to figure out how to convert.

It's interesting that this is a new poster, and 2 new posters asked the same question not too long ago. Makes me wonder. If this is the same poster registering under different names, the answers you get won't really change from those other threads.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    it can be done its a called a 700w or 700wx, unless your an engineer and have alot of time maybe you can makea 650 run WM
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Just because the 700w superficially resembles a 650, that doesn't mean the hardware inside is interchangeable. Yes, they have similar processors, but there's a lot more to the supporting circuitry that WM would require. Not to mention much more memory. It would be less expensive to just buy a 700w.