Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I just switched from a Tungsten T3 to a Treo 700p with Sprint service last week. I though the phone app was a bit lacking until I installed TAKEphONE and realized how much it was lacking.

But, there is one feature I would like to see. I would like to see the Telephony applications have the ability to set the Treo Roaming options (at least the Network Selection) and the system Network Service.

I'm not in a Sprint area, I'm in a good VZW area, but my employeer is only providing Sprint on Cingular phones. The 32M of the 650 isn't enough for me so Sprint was my choice.

When I'm at home, I set roaming so I'll stay on a decent VZW signal. To get data I use a Bluetooth WAP at home. So I would like this location to force ``Roaming networks only'' and set the system network preference to my Bluetooth WAP.

When I am in a VZW coverage area, but near a WiFi HotSpot, I would like to use networking via Bluetooth on my laptop. So I would also use ``Roaming networks only'' and set the system network preference to Bluetooth via my laptop.

When I'm in a good Sprint area, I'd like to force ``Home networks only'' and set the system networking preference to Power Vision.

As a bonus it would be nice to be able to set the warn ``Before data connections'' flag.

Does this sound like a useful feature for other folks?

Thanks.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I thought I would clarify this feature request after discussing it with Shimon.

W/o this feature, it takes 35-45 key presses to switch the phone roaming preference and the system network preference. With this feature in TAKEphONE it would take on the order of five. That will save a lot of work for something that needs to be changed a couple times a day.

One other thing I realized is that this should be able to change VPN preferences too. I would want to be using a VPN into my home network while I'm using PowerVision.

A feature request requires at least five people to agree to get implemented. So if this sounds useful to you, please reply to this message.

Thanks.

Jeff