Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I personally wouldn't unless my 650 gives up the ghost.
    There's only the increased Ram and slightly smaller form factor. I would have to change my SD card and peripherals. This sucks.
    Now I wouldn't mind upgrading to a GSM version of the 700p.......if that is happening at all (a 750p??)
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    GSM Palm OS users have been screwed all year by Palm. I will not upgrade, too little too late.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    There is only one reason I would upgrade -- to buy a PalmOS Treo that doesn't crash. And to buy one that does full OTA push sync to my Exchange Server at work.

There are TWO reasons I would upgrade -- to buy a PalmOS Treo that doesn't crash, and one that does full OTA sync to my Exchange Server at work, and is smaller/lighter than my 650.

THREE reasons. There are three reasons I would upgrade . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    There is only one reason I would upgrade -- to buy a PalmOS Treo that doesn't crash. And to buy one that does full OTA push sync to my Exchange Server at work.

There are TWO reasons I would upgrade -- to buy a PalmOS Treo that doesn't crash, and one that does full OTA sync to my Exchange Server at work, and is smaller/lighter than my 650.

THREE reasons. There are three reasons I would upgrade . . . .

Nice Monty Python.

But I'm also just quoting your post for truth. A treo that meets my original hopes, allowing me to install many extra programs (pocket quicken, email, chat, graffiti, etc.) but doesn't crash. I do appreciate the smaller size, but the bigger memory is my main reason.

If it is too expensive, I might not upgrade. I was hoping for better bluetooth as well (stereo, voice dialing) and I'm bummed those will still be extras (hope that they still can be extras!)

I've used the heck out of my treo, don't like WM (tried it in stores but not taken a WM phone home to learn so eh) and don't see symbian or linux phones doing 'everything' that I want them to. Dunno.

Am I just a palm fanboy?
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    It really all depends, but since there isn't a 680 out right now, I'll wait and see if it's worth it. Each of us have different reasons to upgrade, mine is faster Internet, someone elses may be better sounds quality, someone else may just be tired of their TREO 600 and want to get something better then a 650. Since this phone doesn't exist as of today it's difficult to give a good answer. And I don't go by specs posted on a website.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    GSM Palm OS users have been screwed all year by Palm. I will not upgrade, too little too late.
    Do you still have a Treo 650 to "upgrade" from?
    I spent a fortune last year on my 650 and I don't think I'll spend any more on what I consider hardly an improvement on it.
    I just got my 650 a few months ago, so no, and although having the newest and shiniest is always nice, late adoption means that the bugs get worked out. Look how long it took for them to get the 650 right! But since I got it now, with the updates and all I have a perfect phone that very rarely crashes, and does everything I want it to do and more.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7 View Post
    Do you still have a Treo 650 to "upgrade" from?
    Yes. I have not gotten rid of my 650.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i am not a power user like many of you and my 650 is getting a little tired. i will upgrade.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I will upgrade for the form factor... My T650 is stable now and move it to new form factor would be just nice provided it does not cost me a bomb. I also heard that it is a SD card, not a mini SD.
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    will not even consider buying this crap.
    I will upgrade because my 650 scratches and keyboard getting so soft now
    Yeah, if the new device supports HSPDA and runs POS! Where do I buy it?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleBen View Post
    Yeah, if the new device supports HSPDA and runs POS! Where do I buy it?
    Sorry Ben. No HSDPA which is why I won't upgrade. In fact, I'm not sure this really qualifies as an upgrade.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I will also upgrade... well "upgrade"... well I guess I should just state that I will "buy" the new Treo 680 and not talk about upgrading.

A. The new form factor is not an upgrade, it is only slightly different, but sizewise the same.

B. The added memory should have been in there from the 650. Shame on you Palm for not having provided this earlier when everybody was screaming that 22mb was not enough. What is the logic of providing more memory now? It is not like Treo users are now using more applications then they were 2 years ago. Not providing a Palm phone device with 64mb of memory before now, eventhough the added cost would only be a couple of dollars, has really broken a lot of trust and loyalty from the Palm customers. Palm did make multiple 650s on the same theme (camera-less, different radio, different color casing, different paint type) but did not want to make one with more memory although many customers wanted it. Their whole PDA (phone-less, less expensive) linup, even rock-bottom budget models, had more memory!

Palm may think they are smart as they can now have people "upgrade" to a new device two years later without them having to invent a new device but simply add memory. But its not smart, its stupid. I will buy a new 680 because my 650 is all ragged now, but I would have bought more than one 650 and recommended it to people outside my company had I not felt that the 650 was a "crippled" device with an uncertain future.
    Last edited by u_m_rasmussen; 10/04/2006 at 07:14 AM.
    I will upgrade to an UNLOCKED 680 from my quite stable & wonderful 600. This is to to get the better screen, bluetooth, extra memory, brighter keypad, and a host of other features. But, it really stinks that Palm isn't offering a GSM version of their 750, which would be high-speed ready.

Andrew
    I am waiting for the 680. Time to get rid of the T3 and seperate cell phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    I will upgrade to an UNLOCKED 680 from my quite stable & wonderful 600. This is to to get the better screen, bluetooth, extra memory, brighter keypad, and a host of other features. But, it really stinks that Palm isn't offering a GSM version of their 750, which would be high-speed ready.

Andrew
    I'd like to see an unlocked 750 too!

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    I will upgrade to an UNLOCKED 680 from my quite stable & wonderful 600. This is to to get the better screen, bluetooth, extra memory, brighter keypad, and a host of other features.
    Yup, me too.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast